gold ; jj maybank [pt.2]

part two; denial

"In my bikini top, like always

"In my bikini top, like always."

-unfinished series
-

John B needed some alone time after that, so you and JJ dropped off Pope before heading back to the Chateau.

-

"JJ, John B, Y/N?" Pope spoke, walking into the Chateau.

"Morning Pope."

"Morning Y/N, where are the boys?"

"I don't know, I only just woke up. Do you want some breakfast?" You offered, handing him a plate of bacon and eggs.

-

"You're actually such a good cook Y/N, this bacon is delicious."

"Well thank you Pope."

"Of course."

"Y/N! Pope!" JJ rushed into the house, John B following them close behind.

"There you guys are." You smiled, handing them both a plate. During breakfast, JJ was explaining what happened at Ms Lana's house. Silently, a pit in your stomach was growing about your Mom.

"Guys, do you reckon anyone related to Ms Lana is in trouble?"

They all shrugged.

"Guys the office," John B stood up from the table "my dad. My dad's office. He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him like he was gonna find it but now that he's gone I've just kind of just left it as he kept it."

"Yeah for when he gets back." You assured.

"I've slept over here like six-hundred times but I've never seen this door opened."

John B pulled a pin up board from the wall, "Here look, this is the original owner right here."

"Okay Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920."

"There's the lucky compass right there."

"Actually he was shot after he bought it. Then the compass was shipped back to Henry, who was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass. After he died, the compass was given to Stephen, Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam."