jj maybank ; back

request: jj and y/n were friends forever, longer than jb and jj. one day, they get in a big fight and don't talk to eachother. she ends up being able to ignore him until one of her new best friends, sarah cameron, asks y/n to be a plus to her friends friends midsummers date. it had to be a kook right?

thanks for the request anonymous :)

i spun around in my dress, i was going to midsummers for the first time! as a pogue, i was super excited, i had never been. now i wasn't the 'pogue' you were probably thinking of, i was just a teenage girl who didn't have a heap of money but enough to afford a standard house, a girl who did her own thing. of course i knew the most 'famous' pogues, kiara carrera, john booker routledge, pope heyward and jj maybank. we were closest of friends until the tenth grade, when he ghosted me out of no where and cut me off. i cried for weeks, more than that, months. it broke me in two, we were supposed to be friends forever. i knew him before john b did. of course i always had a small amount of feelings for him but cared about our friendship more than him. once he ignored me i stopped going to that side of the cut, i stopped surfing, i didn't drive near any of our old secret places, where he cried on my shoulder, where we would disagree over little things, and where i was when he first starting ignoring me. lately my dad had started his addiction, he had an addiction to drugs and drinking. i stayed most nights at sarah's while my mother and father fought back at home.

"you looks amazing y/n! i'm sure he's going to love it!" sarah gushed. see she hadn't told me who this mystery boy was, apparently he was a friend of her friends, so i didn't mind too much. all of sarah's friends were kooks, so it was probably just going to be someone from her school.

"okay our dates are waiting at the club. let's go!!!" sarah squealed, we got in her car and drove off. once we arrived sarah pulled me through a bunch of people, when i saw john b and jj. my heart dropped, i thought it was going to be a kook. i hadn't seen jj in two years.

"y/n?" sarah snapped her fingers, i turned to her and smiled awkwardly.

"well y/n, you know jj and john b right, trouble makers of the cut." she joked, i fake laughed along with the others. i nodded and sarah walked off with john b.

"hi." i looked at my feet.

"you don't have to pretend you know?" he asked, surprising me.

"look jj. i don't want to talk to you. let's just do this stupid party and leave like nothing happened." i still didn't look at him.

"right." i heard him sigh.

i ended up dancing the whole night with sarah, enjoying myself and forgetting about my date. at the end of the night, when people began to leave, sarah pulled me outside.

"so, how was jj? i scored you a hot date you have to admit!" she almost squealed.

"great." i fake smiled. i didn't really want anyone to know what went down with me and jj, because i had no idea either. when i went to leave someone pulled me by my wrist.

"can i talk to you?" i met the familiar blue eyes i used to see everyday.

"what is there to talk about jj?"

"i just want to say i'm sorry and i know you probably hate me the most right now."

"i could never hate you jj, and i was never mad."

"then why did you ignore me?"

"i was hurt jj. my best friend, my soulmate, left me out of nowhere. i loved him so much, and he just- ghosted me. i cried for months, i was so broken. he had shut me out, my person had shut me out. i felt like it was al my fault." my breath hitched, i was finally admitting all of this.

"i'm just like my mother. i just leave because i get scared and i feel like i've opened up to much- and you cared."

"of course i cared jj. you were my everything."

"i'm sorry y/n. i just want you to be in my life again. i miss you more than anything, that's why i came to this stupid midsummers, i knew john b was dating sarah and i knew you were her best friend. i'd give anything to take all of it back."

"jj i love you so much but you broke me."

"i know- i'm sorry. this is all stupid. no- i'm stupid. i'm just- i put you through so much and i just wanted you to know i'm sorry. from the bottom of my heart."

"why don't we go back to mine. you can explain everything. and i missed you, so we can catch up i guess." i sighed.

jj gave me a soft smile and we got into a taxi. once we got home i took off my heels and paid the taxi. i snuck through the back door, my dad was passed on on the couch. i lead jj up into my room and we sat on my bed.

"so can you please explain the whole story of why you ditched me out of no where." i turned to him, looking him dead in the eyes.

"i'm going to be honest with you right now," he paused, "when you used to play with my hair and do little braids in it- it reminded me of what my mum used to do and i don't know i just felt so cared for and loved it-i don't know." he began to sniffle as his breath hitched.

"i'm just like my mum aren't i- i just leave for no reason!" i rubbed his bath, hushing him that it wasn't true.

"stop! just stop already. i dont need your pity for something true." he sneered while he hung his head low, he stood up, holding his hands against his head.

"jj maybank. you are nothing like your mother or your father." i grabbed onto his waist and hugged him.

and that's when i think we both realised it. we missed each other's touch.

i haveee to write a part two i think hahah!!!