jj maybank ; sentence [M][S]

"They're monsters

"They're monsters."

Warnings: Death Penalty

Spoilers: Season 2 ep5-10

-

"You are charged with murder in the first-degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the Death Penalty."

You froze, your brother hadn't done anything and now he was facing the death penalty. You looked over to Ward, Rafe and Rose who had no expression but looked proud.

"He's 17!" JJ yelled, "he's 17!"

"John B!" Sarah cried, trying to get closer to him as he walked away, "John B!"

You couldn't say or feel anything. You'd never felt this way before, but tears were streaming down your cheeks. He did this for the five of you, no one else.

"Y/N." Pope said, bobbing down in front of you.

You looked at him, not saying anything. Kiara and Sarah had gone outside to get some air. JJ was nowhere in sight and Ward was talking with police officers.

You hugged Pope and he helped you stand to your feet. You sobbed into his shoulder, as he rubbed your back softly and knew that he couldn't say anything that will make you feel better.

Shoupe and the other officers watched you, feeling a guilt in their stomachs.

"We better get going, before they lock us in here." Pope said, now noticing the jailhouse was empty.

You pulled away, walking out with Pope. Outside was the Pogues waiting for you, all sad looks on their faces.

"I promise you Y/N we're going to get him out of there and get-!" JJ shouted, which Kie just shot down.

Pope helped you over to Kiara's car, but you closed the door.

"I just need to be alone right now, I need to think about some things." You said to Kie, who was driving.

She nodded and you walked off, towards you and John B's old spot as the Pogues drove the other way.

-

"We need to go check on her. There's a major storm coming in." JJ said, running his hands through his hair.

"She needs her alone time, she's pretty much lost her twin brother for a second time. Y/N is Y/N, she'll be alright." Pope patted his back.