oikawa • iwaizumi | parallel parking is a myth

you can't parallel park lmao? oh and oikawa and iwaizumi watch you try
wc: 412

•••

A high pitched beep sounded from the car as Iwaizumi unlocked it, stepping outside onto the curb.

"I'll guide you," was all he uttered.

Oikawa remained in the backseat, highly doubtful of your parking capability. Intensely focused, you lined the car up with the Prius at your front.

"You sure you want to park here? There's a parking lot a few blocks down," Oikawa quavered, eyeing the scarce distance between your side view mirror and the Prius beside you.

"Shut up. I can do it," you hissed.

Iwaizumi waved his hand as a signal for you to back up; accordingly, you shifted the gear and began to reverse.

The car flinched when you hit the curb, a painful wince replacing your once determined expression, and a quiet "oop" caught your ear from the backseat.

The boy outside shifted his weight onto his back leg: a simple gesture that unveiled his true thoughts on your driving. A low grumble vibrated through your throat, and you shifted the gear once again, attempting to adjust the car forwards.

"Just give me a second."

Three minutes passed.

A bead of sweat rolled down the crease of your brow, and you seemed to be gripping the gear stick a bit harder than you intended.

"(y/n), please. Just go park at the grocery store. We can make the walk," groaned Oikawa, his face buried in his hands.

Iwaizumi couldn't help but snicker at your parking struggle. No matter how much he aided you, your technical skills guaranteed failure.

It was until your rear bumper hit the car behind you and knocked off its rusted license
plate was when you decided to book it.

Hajime's bored eyes shot open. Something had finally happened, and it wasn't a successful parking job.

The metallic clatter of the numbered plate hung through the air longer than you were comfortable. Oikawa was practically sobbing from laughter at this point.

"HAJIME, GET IN THE CAR!" you shrieked with panic.

Without a moment's hesitation, Iwaizumi was strapped into the passenger seat.

Oikawa poked his head between your seats, wiping his teary eyes. "Great parking, really."

"Can it."

•••

A/N: working on kuroo | body swapped part 2, but it'll take a while cuz i have to rewatch a part of haikyuu so i don't get it wrong. also all one shots from here on out will have a gender neutral reader!!