kuroo | body swapped (pt. 2)

A/N: there were so many requests for a part 2 so here it is. i also decided to make the reader gender neutral, i know in part 1 reader was fem, but it was really uncomfortable rereading it. i wrote these one shots a long time ago, so i wasn't too experienced... anyway, enjoy!
wc: 3973

•••

"Huh? You're joking, right?" you stammered, walking alongside Bokuto; Akaashi on his opposite end.

"Nope! One hundred percent serious!" grinned Bokuto.

In all honesty, you weren't upset nor entirely pleased either. Bokuto had just offered that you stay with the team for their summer training camp at Shinzen High: their summer training camp that includes Nekoma High.

Nekoma.

Kuroo Tetsurou.

Oh, boy.

"I have a life, too, you know. I can't just go to your camp and do nothing. I don't even play volleyball," you rambled, but a tiny, hidden part of you desired to go.

"I mean, hey, you spend so much time with the team already. You're like a third manager."

Akaashi leaned in front of Bokuto to remark, "A third manager that does nothing, and just watches because they're bored."

"You're a real comedian today, aren't you?" you groused.

Akaashi was right.

You hated that Akaashi was right.

"And I already asked the coach! He said you could stay with our actual managers." Bokuto delivered a wide, charming smile.

"You already asked?"

"Of course!"

You dragged a hand down your face as if you could wipe away the dilemma. It wasn't like you had much family to stay with during the summer, anyway: your friends were your family.

Not to mention that you had grown particularly close with Yukie and Kaori since you spent so much time with the team, so staying with them wouldn't be a problem.

There were no issues with school either. Ever since the routinely body swaps began, your grades were off the charts thanks to Kuroo.

Though, he was the problem here: Kuroo. Sharing a schedule that would force the two of you to interact on a daily basis while swapping between bodies sounded catastrophic.

But you never knew until you tried, right?

"Really? Coach Yamiji is just fine with a non-team member coming along? Isn't that weird?" you faltered, now making your way down the stairs in the midst of flowing students.

"He considers you the water kid since you don't really do anything," responded Akaashi with a dash of lighthearted sass.

"I do do 'things' actually. Just outside of school."

"Heh, 'doodoo'", Bokuto repeated, chuckling to himself like a third grader.

Akaashi exhaled. It was true, and he was the only one who knew besides Kuroo. Since you lived closest to Akaashi, he knew the most about your personal life: you worked two entry-level, part-time jobs to stay afloat; after all, you were a teenager that lived on their own. Life wasn't easy.

Albeit, hanging around the volleyball team was your favorite pass time. You got to spend time with your closest friends, and they even allowed you to play with them on the days Coach Yamiji was out.