tendo | hey he's here too

dude, she's just not into you. but tendo's always here too i guess
wc: 558

•••

Shamelessly, your eyes traced the work of art sat ahead: her curly black hair, her golden-brown skin, the way she glowed in the sun. The girl's figure was mesmerizing, and you had fallen victim to her trance in the midst of a math class.

The professor cleared his throat, tapping the projector beside him as if he were singling you out. He wasn't. You were merely paranoid.

However, you hadn't a clue that your red headed friend on the right picked up your sheepish stares. Every second she was near, your attention had surrendered itself to that girl and that girl only.

It was impossible to focus when she was in the room, and the worst part was, you didn't even know her name.

A single glimpse at the projector hit you like a cold slap to the cheek. You had only looked away for a few seconds: how was the board full already?

A soft tap on your desk pulled your gaze to Tendo. He didn't have the notes
filled out either.

"What?" you whispered in the silent room.

"You zoning out again?"

Curtly, you glared at him, a defensive scowl on your mouth. "It's not my fault."

"Then who's is it?"

He was playing with you. You could tell. But Tendo easily noticed the accidental glance you spared her way.

"Oh," his voice rose from a whisper to a coo, "Ohhh, I see now."

The professor called obliviously, "Are you getting the problem now, Tendo?"

The boy nodded vigorously, though the subject of math was utterly irrelevant to his remark. "Yup! Totally got it."

You steered your attention away from the conversation, even making the efforts to turn your body opposite of him. But she was on your other side.

Oh, boy,

•••

A soft thud shook the vending machine outside the gym. Tendo leaned down, gracefully picking up the drink that had dropped to the bottom.

The metallic crack of your own can sounded upon its opening, and you obnoxiously slurped the beverage.

An uncomfortable silence squeezed between the two of you when your eyes caught the girl again. Even the way she carried herself between classes had you entranced: confident, diligent, captivating.

You thought you were subtle when barely shifting your weight forwards to watch her pass around the corner, but who knew Tendo was such a great observer?

"Dude, she's not into you."

Your slurping came to a halt, and the abrupt crinkling of your can echoed through the space.

"She's dating someone—don't know who—but I just heard her talking about it during study hall," he explained, his right wrist loose as he moved the can in his hands with each word.

Then, you felt an arm sling over your shoulder. It was undeniably heavier than his usual weight, and he stood closer than he normally would.

"But I mean, isn't that great? She's new and already in the dating field. It's hard coming into a brand new school mid-year. I'm glad she's comfortable."

Tendo's breath was unmistakably warm against your ear. You were taken aback by the sudden feeling, so you involuntarily flinched away.

The weight of his arm grew heavier on your shoulders. It was impossible to move.

You slowly blinked your heavy eyelids and said, "Yeah. Glad she's comfortable."

•••

A/N: i think im gonna move to ao3. imma be honest with y'all, it's getting kinda musty here—but don't worry, i'll update everyone if i do. still not sure if i will