tendo | the letter

get you someone who looks at you like how Tendo looks at Ushijima ^

"What if she doesn't see it? What if i put it in the wrong locker?" Tendo rambled, mostly to himself. "She will see it," his calm friend assured him. "But what if she doesn't?" Tendo nervously bit his nails. "She will." Ushijima said.

• • •

You arrived at school and went to your locker first thing in the morning. A roughly folded, slightly crumpled piece of notebook paper fell out of it when you swung the door open. You quickly picked it up before it fell to the ground.

In shaky handwriting, read "I like you, (y/n)." No one had signed the letter. Your eyes widened, and you flipped the paper over. You searched for some some kind of signature, but to your dismay, there was none.

You've never gotten a confession before, at least not in letter form that is. It was mysterious... and you loved it. The rest of the day, you couldn't help but think about the letter. The words were so simple, yet you felt so complicated. Who could it have been?

• • •

"Wakatoshi-kun! I forgot to sign the letter!" Tendo ran up to his friend who was on his way to the club room. School ended just a while ago and club activities were starting soon.

"I can't believe i forgot... How?! It was such an important letter and i messed it up... Gah, i'm such an idiot." Tendo gripped his hair and followed Ushijima. "Do you think (y/n) will figure it out?" Ushijima nodded in response. "I sure hope so..."

They turned the corner of the school building when you froze. "(y-y/n)?" Tendo flinched. "H-hi Tendo-kun," you smiled. "Were... you the one who gave me this?" you pulled the disheveled paper out of your pocket.

"Oh, umm..." Tendo froze and looked to his friend for support, but Ushijima just nodded. "Yeah, i did."

You signaled for Tendo to come closer so you could whisper something to him. The red head bent down to your height, and instead you pecked him on the cheek.

A few seconds later, Tendo turned into a flustered mess. "I-i..." he stuttered. Ushijima gave you a simple thumbs up.

"I like you too, Tendo-kun," you giggled, slightly red faced yourself. "So does that mean... you'll be my girlfriend?" he regrouped himself. "Yes!" you beamed.

Some people called him a monster. Some people called him a freak. Others would say he was just straight up weird, but you—you were fond of him.

Ushijima had left a while ago, but no one had noticed due to his quiet nature.

"Well, i'll see you tomorrow then, (y/n)." Tendo scratched the back of his neck. "Yup, see you tomorrow." you watched as he stumbled over his own foot walking down the hall.

You chuckled. He's adorable.