sugawara | on ice (pt. 1)

Your stomach grumbled as you gathered speed for your next jump—a quad lutz. You carefully glided backwards and slid your blade against the ice, swinging your leg back with your momentum. The jump turned into a single...

You roughly landed on your skates, barely managing to keep yourself upright. The current amount of stress on you was unbearable. It's fine. I have two more jumps, i'll just land those. You glided across the ice and transitioned into your next trick. A bullet sit spin.

You crouched onto your left leg, raising your right one off of the ground. You could feel yourself losing speed as you rotated slower and slower on the ice, barely completing three revolutions. Damn it.

You ended the spin earlier than planned and continued with your program in the empty ice rink. Your next trick was a combination, a triple axel to a triple toe loop.

You began to build up speed again as you felt the chilly air rush into your face. You pushed off of the ground and into the air. The triple axel had turned into, yet, another single. It's fine, you still had the triple toe loop.

You executed your second jump, but you weren't using your head. You landed on your ankle at a bad angle and violently crashed into the ground.

Your legs landed in a split and your face had collided with the ice as you slid across the empty rink.

Blood trickled down your nose, and you quickly caught the drops with your hand. Tears began to fall from your eyes as they mixed with the red liquid. You felt like you were going to throw up, you hadn't eaten anything last night nor this morning. Your coach had told you not to, but you knew that you already weren't at your ideal weight for the competition in two days.

"I... had this down yesterday. Why can't i do it now?" your voice cracked as you mumbled to yourself. You began to sob uncontrollably as your hand pooled with both blood and tears.

"(y/n)?" a voice called from the edge of the rink. You turned your head to look. "(y/n)! Oh my god, what happened?!" Sugawara rushed over to you, despite wearing tennis shoes. He tried his best not to slip.

Your boyfriend, Sugawara, was on the Karasuno volleyball team, you, a figure skater. Two very different fields. You both attended the same high school and had been dating for two years now. He knew how devoted you were to your sport and he supported you 100%, but he was also worried about you.

"Here, here take this," Sugawara quickly pulled tissues from out of his bag and wiped your face, only making you cry more. He put several tissues into your hand to soak up the fluids you were holding. "Suga... please don't look at me right now," you turned away. You felt embarrassed—ugly even—with your face covered in blood and tears.

"(y/n)... oh (y/n), please don't say that," he cupped your cheek and continued to wipe your face as you sniffled endlessly. "You're beautiful... and i love you so much, so please... don't ever say that," he gazed at you so lovingly, you thought you'd pass out.

"Come, you need to stop overworking yourself," he pulled you into a hug. "I-i don't want to get blood on you," you whimpered. "(y/n), look at you! You're what's important, okay? Not my five dollar T-shirt," he held you by the shoulders.

You chuckled, "Okay." "Now, let's get you all cleaned up," he helped you off of the ground, your knees wobbling as you stood up. "Th-thank you," he held you up as you limped across the ice. Hopefully the injury wouldn't last long.

"Do you want to come to my house? I feel like you've been too stressed out lately," Sugawara offered as he kneeled down to untie your skates. "That'd be nice," you smiled.

"My parents aren't home by the way, so we'll have the entire house to ourselves~" he stood up and pecked you on the lips.

"S-Suga!" you blushed, knowing he wouldn't actually do anything out of "parent approval". "What?" the gray haired boy laughed, only making you huff. How could you be mad at him?

I wasn't planning on doing a Suga oneshot this early, but i came up with this prompt and i knew it had to be him, so here it is. I accidentally thought of two more parts for this oneshot... which i totally didn't mean to—so those will come out some time soon (maybe? probably. i'm not very organized.)