iwaizumi | so you have chosen death

You panted for air as you ran as fast as your legs could carry you. The cold air burnt your lungs as you made your way to a large, gray building.

Quickly glancing behind for any traces of him, you pushed the heavy metal doors shut.

"(y/n)-chan?" the team captain looked your way with a concerned look on his face.

"You guys... have... to help me." you muttered between quick, shallow breaths.

"He's coming."

Hanamaki and Matsukawa stopped what they were doing as well, "Who's coming?" they both asked in sync.

Before you could answer them, a loud bang on the gym door made you squeak. You scampered across the gym floor and into the closet, the entire team's eyes glued upon you.

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

The boys turned their attention to the growling newcomer, the first years hiding away in fear as the third years sighed.

"Where is who?" Hanamaki blinked his eyes.

You stared through the small crack in the door and whispered to yourself, "Thank you, Makki..."

"Don't play dumb! I saw her come in here!" he marched towards the boy until someone stopped him.

"(y/n)-chan ran in here all of a sudden, but we told her we were on your side so she left." Oikawa grinned innocently.

You let out a sigh of relief. You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

"Like I'd believe that!" the spiky haired boy kicked his friend in the leg, earning a loud whine in return.

The third years looked at each other, trying to come up with a plan that would allow you to live a day longer.

"She's in the closet."

"Kyouken-chan!"

You heard heavy footsteps march their way towards your hiding spot. A tall pile of patted mats caught your eye, and you quickly squeezed yourself in between the stack.

The doors swung open with a loud crash—at this point, the entire team had forgotten about their practice.

"(y/n), we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way." his voice drew nearer and nearer, the high school team nosily peeking into the room.

You slowed your breaths in the suffocating mats so you wouldn't be heard. Beads of cool sweat began to form on your neck.

"I'll give you three seconds."

You mentally shook your head.

"Three."

He sounds like a mom.

"Two."

And a scary one at that.

"One."

The gym's lights came into view as the mats were slowly lifted up. You quivered in fear and shut your eyes, hoping this was all just a bad dream.

You felt a hand grab the back of your collar and violently pull your body out of the safety of your mats.

The brown haired boy held you by your shirt and glared into your fearful eyes.

"Um... hi."

Iwaizumi dragged you across the floor and into the light of the gym for the rest of the team to witness.

"This is the face of a monster, don't let her appearance fool you." he set you down near a wall.

The team looked at each other with questioning faces, you returning a weak smile in return.

Matsukawa cleared his throat, realizing no one else was willing enough to ask, "So, what exactly happened?"

• • •

Yesterday, you decided you'd pay your loveliest, closest, bestest friend in the world a nice, morning visit for no reason in particular.

You stood on the tips of your toes to grab the back door key from a small wind chime that hung upon its frame. "Excuse the interruption," you mumbled, slowly opening the door.

The house was oddly quiet. A few dishes stood on the drying rack from the night before. The only lighting in the house came from the natural sun.

You quietly snuck upstairs and pushed Iwaizumi's bedroom door open.

His room was neat as usual, his soft snores being the only signs of life in the peaceful house. Not to mention he was only in his boxers with his blanket completely kicked off of his body.

You looked at the boy before one of your self proclaimed genius ideas came into mind. Quietly running to the bathroom next door, you grabbed a small container of gel before dashing back.

You unscrewed the lid and scooped up a dollop with fingers, letting the gel slide off of your hand and into his hair. Iwaizumi didn't often do his hair, simply running a comb through it would usually do the trick; so today, you decided to change it up a bit.

You carefully spread tons of the substance into his hair while shaping it into a teardrop like shape. The boy grumbled a few unintelligible words before returning to his zen state.

You blew out a sigh of relief and grinned at your handy work, then made sure to steam up the mirror so he wouldn't see his reflection.

He's totally gonna kill me, but it'll be worth it.

• • •

"PFFFF- that's why you looked like Jimmy Neutron this morning!" Hanamaki doubled over with laughter.

"J-jimmy Neutron?"

"It's a cartoon," Matsukawa grunted.

"So really? That's it? Doesn't seem that bad," Kindaichi stepped up, holding a volleyball under his arm.

Now you guys have matching hairstyles.

"Yeah I know right," you snickered, "Hajime just has to be such a drama queen," you rolled your eyes.

Iwaizumi growled and rolled up his sleeves as if he were ready to beat you to death, but the HanaMatsu duo was ready to stop the murder scene.

After calming the boy down, Hanamaki thought it was only necessary to show your friend who his western cartoon doppelgänger was.

"See? That's you from this morning," the four third years gathered around Hanamaki's phone, staring at a picture of the so called "Jimmy Neutron".

You pulled your own phone out of your pocket and opened a photo you took of him this morning. Holding the phones screen towards the boys, you grinned, "Identical, eh?"

The team took a moment to analyze the two photos before bursting out into laughter. Oikawa had to hold back his tears, knowing he'd get a significantly worse beating if he let out a single laugh.

"These spot the differences are getting harder," Matsukawa snickered.

Iwaizumi's eyes darted between the two screens, his face painted with pure anger. You took the message that he wasn't pleased.

Once again, you felt your collar being pulled as you were dragged out of the gym. The team watched as the two of you exited, Iwaizumi's struts stern as usual.

You held up a peace sign as the long squeaking of your shoes filled the gym and mouthed the words "Pray for me."

The three third years held their hands together and bowed their heads in silence. "It was nice knowing you."

don't really know what this is, but i'd like to write a horror one shot soon and i'm gonna do several AUs after. i just wanted to give you all something lighthearted since my most recent chapters have been angst. stay safe everyone ✌️