kuroo | body swapped

so y'all really telling me that i accidentally titled that one noya chapter "chalkbaord duty" and NOBODY told me.
for personal reasons, i will be passing away
-
for the readers who prefer longer chapters, enjoy this 4000 word one shot that probably still has some typos i missed while editing ✌️

You frustratingly tugged on your hair in one hand as you looked over your homework, visibly frustrated. How does everyone else get this? No matter how hard you tried, the topic just wouldn't click.

"I wish I were smarter..." you grumbled to yourself when a faint light flashed outside your window. You turned your head to see a faded streak of white painted in the black sky. Was that a shooting star?

You shook your head and turned your attention back to the sheet before you. You could not afford to fail another test.

The next morning, you woke up to an unfamiliar alarm. It came from a smartphone to your left. You groggily rolled over and searched for the stop button before sitting up and rubbing your eyes.

"Where the hell am I?"

• • •

Kuroo slowly yawned as he awoke at a petite, messy desk. Wait, I don't have a desk in my room.

His body ached from the position it was lying in for hours. He was sitting down in a tattered spinning chair, and apparently he had slept with his head lying on the desk.

This isn't my room. He frantically scanned his new surroundings when he found a smudged closet mirror. Hesitantly approaching the glass, he stared at his reflection.

"What... the fuck."

Kuroo gazed at the girl before him, his eyes subconsciously drifting downwards. He debated on exploring more of this new body before shaking his head. I don't know who this person is... that would be an invasion of privacy.

Wait—I'm gonna have to shower anyways.

He hooked his index finger on his pajama collar and pulled the cloth away from the female body, staring down at his exposed chest.

"..."

• • •

You sat up and scratched your head, morning tears pricking your eyes from a tedious yawn. Wait, why does my hair feel different?

As soon as you stood up, you were shocked by your sudden difference in height. Last time I checked, I wasn't this tall last night.

You curiously searched the foreign house for a bathroom which wasn't too far away. A tall, black haired male stared back at you in the mirror.

"EHHH?!"

You patted your hands around your body and instantly pulled your shirt upwards to view your masculine parts. "I'm... extremely hot?!"

"This is a dream... it has to be a dream," you repeated to yourself, though it all felt very real. A faint buzz caught your ear as you clumsily ran to retrieve the phone.

"Kenma?" you read the contact name aloud.

Kenma🥳: im outside

"Outside? Like outside the house?" you slid to the window to notice a shorter boy with dyed, blonde hair staring at his phone.

"Shitshitshitshitshit." you scrambled around the house, pulling on a pile of clothing that you assumed was a uniform. Skipping breakfast, you quickly brushed your teeth and stepped outside to greet the boy.