nishinoya | hyper

i'm putting this out before the tsukki angst because i don't know how to write. we could all use more wholesome fluff in our lives
_
thinking about writing a dream team x reader because i'm a whole ass simp. any fans?

You blandly stare at the gym as a loud clatter resonated from inside. Several distressed yells caught the attention of every student in a 25 foot radius.

"Nishinoya-san, be careful!" a timid voice warned before another loud crash sounded. You reluctantly dragged yourself towards the doors, knowing the team was in desperate need of your help.

"You sure you wanna go in there, (y/n)-san?" A familiar classmate of yours rose a brow. "Uh, not really," you said, "wish me luck."

As the doors swung open, loud footsteps immediately started towards you.

"(y/n)-san, watch out!"

Nishinoya threw himself onto you, taking you down with more force than you expected. He looked up at you happily as he lie atop your stomach.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)... he's really hyper today for some reason," Suga said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"He won't even listen to me." Asahi sulked.

"Shouldn't Coach Ukai be here?" you asked, looking down at Nishinoya who seemed to be mumbling compliments to you.

"He's late," Kageyama grunted.

You slowly nodded and sighed as the team gazed at you with hope, knowing you were the only one who could calm him down.

"You're so pretty, (y/n)-san... I wish we could stay like this forever," he purred, nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck.

You ran your fingers through his hair, gently stroking his head as his eyes slowly fluttered closed. "Did you eat breakfast today?" you asked quietly, slowly sitting up without disturbing the smaller boy.

Nishinoya shook his head, his eyes still shut. You could feel his heartbeat begin to slow.

As ironic as it was, giving the boy food would actually put him at ease rather than energize him—especially sweets.

You pulled out a cotton candy flavored lollipop from your bag and unwrapped it for Nishinoya to grab. He sat atop your lap, his undivided attention now turned towards the candy in front of him.

"Mkay, let's get up now." You picked him up from under the arms and stood up. Satisfied, he waddled to the corner and sat down against the wall as he licked the lollipop.

"Aren't you sixteen, Noya-kun?" you asked sarcastically, crossing your arms as the third years watched in awe.

"Sixteen and three fourths, I turn seventeen in a few months," he said calmly, his eyes glued to the vibrantly colored candy.

"I don't understand how you do this." Yamaguchi peeked at the second year from behind you. "We should probably keep candy on us for situations like this." Daichi laughed, patting your shoulder with gratitude.

You chuckled lightly, hiding the fact that you secretly enjoyed all the attention the libero poured upon you.

"Can I get candy, too, (y/n)-san?" Tanaka held his hands together. "Ask Kiyoko," you responded blandly.

Tanaka spun around, giving puppy eyes to the other manager as she simply walked away. You snickered as Tanaka dejectedly melted onto the floor besides the libero.

"We don't all get what we want, Ryuu," Nishinoya remarked, licking the lollipop with a fake, smug smile plastered on his face.

"Oi, you—!" Tanaka pounced on the boy.

The entire group of third years mentally face palmed. Not again.