nishinoya | chalkboard duty

"(y/n), you're cleaning the chalkboard today," Tsukishima snickered and tossed you an eraser. "Oh, leave me alone," you grabbed the eraser and turned to the chalkboard.

You were short—which wasn't very fun because all of your friends would constantly make fun of you. It was a bit exhausting hearing the same joke every five seconds.

You stood on the tips of your toes, stretching your arms as high as you could to reach the top of the board. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi watched in mere amusement.

"Stop staring at me!" you whipped your head around and snapped at them. Suddenly, you were lifted off of the ground onto someone's shoulders.

"Here you go, (y/n)-chan!" Nishinoya, a second year, positioned you onto his shoulders. "A-ah Noya-san!" you placed your hands on the board to gain your balance.

"Thanks," you mumbled, now able to erase the board with ease. "Aren't you supposed to be cleaning your own classroom?" you asked innocently, scrubbing off a stubborn spot. "Yeah, but i was able to escape," he grinned proudly, making you giggle.

The quiet scrapes of your eraser fell into a therapeutic rhythm, joined by Yamaguchi's sweeping. The sun was reaching its golden peak, creating a peaceful atmosphere in the classroom.  

"(y/n)-san! Noya-senpai!" a certain orange haired boy barged into the room, causing you to loose your balance. Nishinoya lost his own as well, leading to the two of you falling to the ground in an awkward pile.

"Ow... sorry Noya! Are you okay?" you felt fine, but that was only because your fall was cushioned. You were lying diagonally on top of the boy. "Yeah i'm fine, i'm glad we're both okay," he propped himself up with his arms.

"Ah! I'm so sorry!" Hinata ran into the room as he pulled on his hair. "Short people have it rough, huh?" Tsukishima rose his eyebrows as you stood up.

"Shut up Tsukishima, you're literally built like a giraffe," you put the eraser away, watching in the corner of your eye as he flinched. "A giraffe?!" he repeated. Nishinoya, Yamaguchi, and Hinata all bursted out in laughter.

"Sorry, Tsukki! It was kind of funny," Yamaguchi put his hand on the blonde's shoulder. "Tch, lets go," Tsukishima grabbed his bag and walked out of the classroom, Yamaguchi quick to join his side.

You looked at Nishinoya and fist bumped him.
You guys won this round.