? | the bottle chooses favorites

Thank you all for 100k+ reads! Y'all ate this one up god damn—but for real, I really appreciate all the supportive comments and everything. In honor of the milestone, here's a mystery x reader!

enjoy!
-lychee

How cliché.

Twelve high schoolers sat in a lopsided circle: three managers, nine teammates. A brown, glass soda bottle lie in the middle as if it were frozen in time.

"Who's idea was this again?" Tsukishima pushed up his glasses in an aloof manner.

"I heard about it from Suga," Daichi said.

"Asahi was the one who told me about it." Sugawara tilted his head. "Wh-what?! It wasn't my idea, Noya-san told me to come." the said boy panicked.

"Yup! Pretty genius right? Ryuu and I came up with it earlier this week!" Nishinoya pointed his thumbs at his chest with pride, Tanaka holding the same grin.

Of course.

"But instead of a kiss, you go to the closet." Tanaka pointed at a cramped room to the right. It was a single-sliding-door closet that could fit three if you tried.

You cringed to yourself. I hope this is over before my turn comes.

"And what about the other second years? Why didn't they come?" Daichi rose a brow.

"Um... they threatened us if we forced them to so..." Nishinoya mumbled. Yamaguchi couldn't help but snicker, his counterpart sighing with regret.

"Wh-what if we d-don't feel comfortable... doing this?" Yachi stammered, her cheeks tinted a deep red with embarrassment.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad, Hitoka-chan." Kiyoko placed her hand on the younger girl's shoulder who nodded frantically in response.

"Eh, but what if I get Kageyama-kun or something?" Hinata pretended to hurl while Kageyama threatened to hit the orange haired spiker.

"You'll be blindfolded, so it's a secret." Tanaka held up a smooth, black cloth. "Unless you both agree on removing it."

"And obviously talking will reveal who you are, so if you want your identity to stay a secret, stay silent," Nishinoya chimed in.

The team went around confirming that they were comfortable playing the game, giving anyone the opportunity to bail out before it started.

Everyone decided it was only reasonable for Daichi to start since he was the team captain.

Tanaka handed the blindfold to him, and he tied it behind his head with ease. Daichi reached towards the middle, trying to locate the bottle only for Asahi to push it into his hands.

You gulped down a lump of nerves in your throat and whispered to Hinata next to you, "Is this your first time playing a game like this?"

"Uh huh, I'm actually kinda nervous," the boy whispered back as everyone watched the bottle slow down with anticipation.

The open side pointed towards Sugawara who held an artificial, shocked expression. Asahi deadpanned at the third year with the words "If you're going to act surprised, at least make it believable" written on his face.

Everyone kept quiet as Tanaka lead the blindfolded captain to the closet, ushering Suga behind him. After the two managed to fit themselves in the confined space, Nishinoya closed the door and stood guard.

He looks like a guy at a club pretending to be a bouncer.

"Can they hear us?" you asked. "Nah, we made sure to check before hand, it's weird how soundproof it is." Tanaka laughed.