nishinoya / family isn't always blood

thank you to the lovely reader who made this request! i accidentally turned this into angst oops. I swear it wasn't supposed to be-

There's always those two kids at school who are never seen apart—and I mean never. Whether it be in the halls, in the classrooms, the bathrooms? Maybe, who knows?

You were one of those kids, and the other--well the other one was-

"I bet I could do an entire loop around the school with you on my back before class starts!" Nishinoya exclaimed.

"Oh really?" you purred, elongating the vowels in your words.

"Let's see," he grinned. You hopped onto his back with ease, his arms securely fastened under your thighs as he prepared for take off.

"Comfy?"

"Very."

The rambunctious boy smirked back at you before sprinting through the crowd of students who were simply trying to enjoy their short break.

"Nishinoya!" a teacher shouted as the two of you jetted past. You turned around and blew a raspberry at the grumpy vice-principal, making sure you didn't lose hold of the boy's shoulders as his figure disappeared into the crowd.

"Oi—watch out Asahi-san!" you shouted to the tall brunette as he flinched and quickly jumped out of your path.

"B-be careful!" he exclaimed to the two of you, Sugawara by his side.

"Are they trying to set a new record?" the setter rose a brow.

"I don't even know..."

Nishinoya's quick and shallow pants were all you could hear as the two of you weaved through the school's obstacles. Obstacles being students, lockers, the principal, teachers—wait, the principal?

"(l/n), Nishinoya, my office, now."

The boy skidded to a stop as you frowned with regret. You hesitantly slid off of his back, looking at him with fear of what would happen next.

"You think we'll be alright?" you asked, your quivering so subtle that only he could notice.

"I hope so... I don't wanna get suspended again," Nishinoya's disappointment added a significant amount of weight to the already downcast mood.

Nishinoya immediately noticed this and squeezed your hand in his own, "I'm sure we'll be fine!" he flashed you an iconic grin before letting go. A sense of relief washed over you as you both approached the principal's door.

The man sat in a black office chair, legs crossed as irritation etched his stern features. You gulped as a bead of sweat ran down the side of your face. Sure, you had gotten used to teachers' everyday reprimands but the principal... this was something else.

"This is the eleventh time..." he pinched the bridge of his nose, "the eleventh time I've gotten reports from teachers of you two breaking school rules." his tone was firm and angry but also straightforward which you very much appreciated. The passive aggressive teachers were the ones to avoid.

Nishinoya puffed at his blond tuft of hair, scoffing with his arms crossed. "What was that?" the man boomed towards your friend. "I-it was nothing sir... he meant nothing of it," your words came out in such a weak tone, they weren't convincing at all.

"You both know, any signs of affection are prohibited at school—as known as rule #4, no PDA." he ordered.

You furrowed your brows before doubling over in laughter, your anxious facade dissipating completely, "W-wait, gimme a second... PDA?!" you repeated, wiping away tears of laughter.