sugawara | on ice (pt. 2)

"Did you eat lunch today?" Sugawara asked as he carried you on his back. "No..." you mumbled. "Did you eat at all today?" he asked with more concern. "N-no..." you muttered even quieter. "(y/n), you know you can't just starve yourself! You won't have enough energy. I'll cook you something when we get home," he stated.

"Hi (y/n)-san! Hi Sugawara-san!" a small orange haired boy waved at you. "Oh, hi Hinata-kun." you smiled. Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Kageyama caught up with the boy. Your boyfriend lived on the opposite side of the neighborhood from the ice rink, so you had to pass Karasuno on the way to his house. "I thought you said you were going home early, Suga-san," Tanaka said.

"I was, but i had to pick up (y/n) first!" Suga propped you higher as you began to slip. "Hi (y/n)-san!" Nishinoya ran up to you. "Hi Nishinoya-kun," you chuckled at his hyper nature. You felt Sugawara squeeze your thigh, making you squeak.

"Are you okay, (y/n)-san?" Tanaka rose a brow. "Y-yeah! Sorry..." you apologized. "Suga!" you whispered to him—or more at him. "What?" he laughed back innocently.

"We better get going now, i'll see you guys tomorrow! Tanaka, Nishinoya, make sure to get them home safe," Suga ordered. "You got it, Suga-san!" "You can count on us! We're the best senpais!"

Since you were the vice-captain's girlfriend, the team was very familiar with you. You'd often come to their practices to watch, so the team had formed a good friendship with you. Kiyoko and Yachi would usually talk to you during that time.

You hung your arms over the gray haired boy's shoulders as he carried you. "Why did you leave practice early?" you asked after hearing what Tanaka said. "I wanted to make sure you weren't overworking yourself," he continued walking, "And i'm glad i did." "Me too." you melted onto his back.

After a few more minutes of walking, you arrived at the Sugawara residence. He gently set you down on the couch and grabbed an ice pack for your ankle.

"Thank you, Suga," you smiled. "Of course, i hope you feel better soon," he pressed the ice pack against the swollen area of your skin.

"Do you wanna stay the night? Since your parents are out of town." he offered. "Really? I'd love to! Lemme just ask them real quick." you pulled out your phone as Sugawara watched hopefully.

Fortunately, they said yes. "What'd they say?" he asked curiously. "They said sure. You know they like you," you laughed. "I tend to have that kind of charm," Suga smiled proudly. He was somewhat of a mom himself.

Ahem—Daichi

"Can i use your shower? I still feel kinda gross..." you said. "Yeah sure, do you have a change of clothes?" he stood up and set the ice pack on the table.

"Oh, no, i guess i forgot," you rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly. "Then you can just choose whatever from my closet if you want," he went into the closet and pulled out a towel for you. "Thanks!"

• • •

You dried your hair and went into your boyfriend's room. Sugawara was in the kitchen cooking dinner for the two of you.

You spotted a light blue t-shirt that had "potato" written on it in a vertical line. It was a bit big for you, and it went down to your thighs. You searched for a pair of shorts but couldn't find any.

"Suga, do you have any shorts or pants or something?" you asked from his bedroom. "Ah, no sorry, (y/n). They're all dirty right now," he answered. What a coincidence... Did he do this on purpose? Knowing Suga, he wouldn't ever do such a thing, but you couldn't help but wonder.

"Dinner's ready whenever you are," you heard his voice from the kitchen. You came out of his room, wearing only your undergarments and a t-shirt. "Sorry about that, i'll do a wash tonigh-" he froze when he saw you, his face turning a dark shade of pink.

"A-ah, don't stare!" you pulled on the hem of the shirt to try and cover more of your exposed skin. "S-sorry, (y/n). You just look really cute," Suga laughed and untied his apron, making you blush even more than him.

"I tried to make dinner so that it'd fit your diet for the competition." After dating you—a figure skater—for two years now, Suga was fully aware of your athletic diet.

It was curry with lean chicken, potatoes, carrots, and rice. You thanked him for the meal and ate. You loved your boyfriend's cooking, and to be honest, he was a better cook than you. The two of you talked about your last English test, your upcoming competition, and how Kageyama almost killed Hinata for serving the ball into his head a second time.

Suga lended you an extra toothbrush for the night, and you both settled into bed. It wasn't the first time the two of you've slept together. Well, it was the first time during the night, but taking naps with your boyfriend was one of your favorite things to do.

"Suga...?" you asked in a quiet voice. "Yes?" "Thank you," you felt him pull you closer to him, one of his arms wrapped around your waist and the other stroking your hair. "For what?" he smiled. "I... i don't know, everything?" you chuckled with your face buried in the crook of his neck.

"I should be the one thanking you," you felt his lips touch your forehead in a soft kiss, making you giggle. His legs tangled with yours underneath the warm blankets. Nothing could make this moment any better.

"I love you, Suga," you whispered as you hugged him tightly. "I love you too, (y/n)."