miya twins | overprotective

thank you to the lovely reader who requested this! hope you all enjoy

Middle school was tough—especially when you have two third year brothers who won't leave you the hell alone. You were their little sister, a quiet, shy first year who didn't stick out much from her peers.

The school year had only one month left until summer vacation, meaning it was the time when most students would confess to their crush. You didn't have one.

"Hey (y/n), whatcha readin'?" Atsumu nudged your shoulder as you flipped to your bookmark. "A book," you replied sarcastically. Your other brother, Osamu, couldn't help but snicker at Atsumu's crude rejection.

Your eyes landed upon your bookmark where another paper stood. It was neatly creased, like the fine folds in an origami flower, and the light blue lines were crisp. You slowly picked up the paper and began to unfold it, oblivious of your brothers' piercing eyes.

the scent of flowers drifts through the air as you walk past, your beautiful (h/c) hair moving with your elegant strides. your voice is equal to an angel's—oh how i wish i could hear it more. just when i think you couldn't look more beautiful, you prove me wrong the next day. please accept this gift (y/n).

You hold the sheet of paper in your hands as your face flushed red. It was quite cheesy for a middle schooler, but you were truly flattered. After all, you've never received something like this before. People treated you like you were invisible, but it looks like someone actually spotted you.

"Equal to an angel's?!" Atsumu retorted as he read the note over your shoulder. You quickly folded the paper back up before your brothers could finish reading it. "A love letter," Osamu mumbled, his twin whipping his head towards the boy in shock.

"Open it back up (y/n)!" Atsumu reached for the paper in your hands. "No! It's not for you to read," you revolted. Atsumu reached over your shoulder for the note as you stood up, quickly breaking away from the classroom.

"Hey! Wait up!" you heard two pairs of footsteps running after you. "You're going to scare her, let me handle it," Osamu ordered as they chased you down the hall. "You're way too slow to catch her!" Atsumu shot back.

You found yourself running into the gym, taking cover behind the school's bleachers to examine the note a second time. Once the yells of your brothers were inaudible, you unfolded the letter.

I smell like flowers? You sniffed your blouse but it smelled like nothing in particular. Maybe i can't smell it... You sighed, rereading the last words of the note. Oh right, a gift. You peeked behind your laminated bookmark to find a thin square of chocolate—the expensive kind.

You carefully unwrapped the square and took a bite of it. It tasted like honey and lavender. I feel like this was worth a million dollars. You thought, taking another bite as the chocolate melted in your mouth.

Suddenly, a loud ruckus that could be none other than your twin brothers, interrupted the short moment of calmness. "(y/n), ignore Atsumu. I just want to see who the letter is from," you heard Osamu speak somewhere near the gym's entrance.

A faint, "Oh shut yer mouth!" resonated across the courts. "I'm not gonna do anything! I'm just curious is all," Atsumu yelled, neither of the boys having any clue where you were hiding.

You sighed and finished the last of your chocolate, taking a moment to savor the sweet delicacy. Carefully avoiding any loud noises, you tiptoed towards the exit door. The two boys stood near the bleachers, surveying the area as if they were on a patrol mission.

Just as you were about to reach freedom, your foot caught your shoelace, causing you to fall flat on your face. "Ow," you grunted.

"(y/n)!" Atsumu was quick to run to your side. "Are you okay?" he asked, patting your back as you shifted into a sitting position. "More importantly, who's the note from?" the same boy quickly changed subjects.

"Don't ask me if i'm okay if you clearly don't care," you huffed and turned your head away. "Did you hurt yourself?" Osamu approached the two of you. "No... no i did not," you said, glaring at Atsumu.

"Well, i'll be going now," you stood up and made your way out of the building. "Not so fast!" Atsumu tackled you to the ground as the two of you rolled across the grass. "Get off of her!" Osamu jumped onto his twin brother in attempts to pry him off of you.

You held the note above your head as Atsumu reached for it, lying on top of your stomach. "Leave her alone, you're not her dad!" Osamu grabbed your attacker's wrist. "I'm her older brother, i have every right to be protective!" Atsumu argued as he struggled to grab the paper note.

It would be an understatement to say it was difficult to breath with two third year boys wrestling on top of you. "Guys—i can't breathe," you said in an airy voice. "Atsumu get off!" Osamu ordered. "I can't 'cause you're on me!" Atsumu shouted back.

"Guys!" you finally snapped. Both of the boys froze before quickly standing up like wooden nutcracker soldiers. "Oh my god..." you sighed as you caught your breathe, "it's like having a cat and a dog for brothers," you mumbled to yourself. A rabid cat and dog.

"I'm going now," you stated firmly. The twin brothers nodded, your message clear enough to prevent them from intervening once again.

You stared at the now slightly crumpled paper in your hands as you walked down the sidewalk. My brothers would kill you if they ever find out who you are...

i am not a manga reader, so my take on these two isn't perfect since their characters haven't been fully established in the anime yet. please forgive me if the characters are off T_T