yamaguchi | a ghost?

so the manga just ended and i am DEVASTATED. the fact that the story is over haunts me to the core. nonetheless, thank you for the 8 years furudate-sensei

In the last couple of days, I've been noticing this girl. She isn't really a classmate—at least I don't think so. In fact, I have no idea who she is, what her name is, or what class she's in. All I know, is that she wears the Karasuno uniform.

Her name isn't included in role call, and she weaves between classes with no particular schedule.

I sat at my desk, holding my face in my palm as I watched her walk in between the desks. She leaned in towards Tsukki's face as if she were observing him further, but he didn't move an inch.

Does he not notice her?

Am I hallucinating?

The mysterious girl suddenly caught me staring and I froze. We held eye contact for what felt like forever, but it was really only a few seconds before she disappeared.

I blinked and shook my head, rubbing my eyes to confirm what I had just witnessed. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night.

• • •

You floated above the heads' of the new first year class, staring down at a boy with dark hair and freckles.

Did he notice me?

Am I hallucinating?

You heaved a sigh, no way could he have seen you. That was humanly impossible.

Only spirits can see other spirits, humans can see other humans—the worlds simply don't overlap, and they never will. But you could've sworn he was looking directly at you.

Maybe he was just looking at blondie behind me. You reassured yourself. Yeah, that's probably it...

• • •

Those few seconds of eye contact with Freckles were clawing at your brain the entire day, so, obviously the only solution was to follow him home.

You casually walked with your hands behind your back, a healthy distance separating the two of you. He seemed to be walking by himself today instead of with that blonde giraffe.

Sure, you could float and spare the trouble of using your legs, but somehow being chained to gravity reminded you of how it felt to be human again. It was nice.

You noticed the boy's strides become unsteady and quite shaken if you were to say. Was something wrong?

• • •

I side eyed behind me to notice the girl still on my trail not too far away. My paces subconsciously became faster as I found myself speed walking.

I must be hallucinating. Maybe someone is playing a prank on me.

What was so disturbing was that her footsteps were completely silent. I just need to get home.

• • •

You scowled as you struggled to keep up with him. Why does it seem like he's almost running away? Did he leave the oven on or something?

Not that this was the time to think about it, but Freckles was kind of cute. The small sprout in his hair was nothing less of adorable, his face made him feel approachable and friendly, and there was this softness to his eyes that made you feel secure.