lev | study sesh

thank you for the request! i hope this oneshot did it justice ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )

You waved to your parents as they pulled out of your driveway. Today was their anniversary, meaning they would go out for a date in the city. You, on the other hand, would be left to fend for yourself—which you were fairly good at.

"Lev, can you at least pretend to wave?" you sighed, turning back into your house towards your boyfriend. "Huh? Oh, sorry (y/n)-chan! There was this cat by your window and—well, it was just really cute," Lev pried his eyes away from the glass.

"Oh, it's probably my neighbor's," you said, "we should start on our homework now." you made your way to your room with Lev trailing behind you. You poured out the contents of your backpack onto the table, organizing it in a neat section in front of you.

"Woah! Why do you have so much work? I only have this," the grey haired boy held up a single sheet of paper. You blinked your eyes a few times, "...This isn't fair."

"What did you bribe the teachers with?" you interrogated your boyrfriend, holding him securely by the shoulders. "Nothing," he shrugged, "I think they just gave up one me."

You paused for a moment before stifling a laugh. You cleared your throat, trying to pretend the laugh was nothing more but a cough. "I doubt that... you're actually quite smart," you said as you turned your attention back to your work.

"Really? You think so?" Lev asked in the most adorable tone. He sounded like a child receiving praise for the first time. "I mean—yeah—i thought you knew that... you've never failed a test like those first years at Karasuno," you chuckled.

Lev tried his best to hide the smile on his face as he filled out the single sheet of paper. The room was so calm. A small bluetooth speaker played music to fill up the silence while you scribbled through your math homework.

"Woah, so i was thinking... what if i was short," Lev paused, staring at the ceiling with his hands supporting his weight, "like Hinata short." he finished. "And?" you asked as you erased a pencil smudge on your paper.

"Would you still date me?" your boyfriend turned his head to you. You looked at him and scrunched up your nose, "Of course i'd still date you! What kind of question is that?" you retorted.

"I-i don't know... a lot of girls just like guys because they're tall," Lev mumbled. "I doubt that's the case... i like you because you're you. Sometimes you act really stupid—like that one time you fell trying to save a cat with Kenma on your shoulders," you paused, holding your pencil in your hand, "but others, you're really caring, and nice and cute and—i don't know." you sighed. "This is starting to sound cheesy..."

You brought your eyes off of your paper and looked at your boyfriend. "(y/n)..." he sobbed, pulling you into a bear hug. "I feel like the best man in the world right now," he said, rubbing his cheek against the top of your head.

"I-i didn't mean to make you cry!" you blurted, red in the face from his overreaction. You felt Lev prop his chin against your head as he pulled you into his lap. "Let's study like this! It's more comfortable," he grinned.

You nodded your head, "Sure." Lev was right, this was much more comfortable.

Lev's chest pressed against your back as he leaned over you to peer over your shoulder. His arms wrapped around your waist and he smelled like a mix of honey and cinnamon.

"This is nice," you mumbled, practically melting into his arms. "You haven't made any progress in the last five minutes," he remarked, making you snap your head back at him. "I-it's hard to focus when there's a 6'4 guy holding you," you retorted.

"Don't say that like i'm a stranger!" he pouted, pretending to feel offended. You rolled your eyes and turned back around. "Should i move then?" he asked.

You paused for a few seconds before answering. "No."

Several minutes later, your hand stopped moving entirely. Lev thought it was a bit odd at first, but now something was definitely off. "(y/n)?" he asked, receiving no response. "(y/n)," he said in a more sing-song voice as he poked your cheek.

Your eyes were gently shut and he could just barely hear your quiet snores. Lev realized you had fallen asleep, falling into a state of panic since this hasn't ever happened before.

Should i do her homework? No... then she'd just fail the test. Lev shook the idea out of his head. What if i have to use the bathroom? I don't want to wake her up. He glanced at your face before adjusting himself in a more comfortable position.

The boy looked at you one more time. This felt like a dream. The room so peaceful, you asleep in no one else's arms but his own. He slowly brought his face towards yours to press his lips against your cheek.

You grumbled before fluttering your eyes open. Lev tensed up, sitting as straight as a soldier as you slowly woke up. "Wait, did i fall asleep?" you asked innocently. "Y-yeah," he answered, trying his best to hide the red on his face.

"For how long?" you questioned. "Not long." "Oh, well then," you shrugged, instantly turning back to your work. Lev let out a sigh of relief.

By the time the day was coming to an end, all of your papers were back in your backpack. "It's getting dark, i should walk you home now," you said as you slipped a light hoodie over you. "I'm sure i'll be fine, i don't want you to walk back alone in the dark," he insisted.

You frowned and looked up at him, "Are you sure?" you asked. Lev bent down to your level and planted a soft kiss on your forehead, "I'm sure," he grinned.

You couldn't stop the smile forming on your lips. "W-well... i'll see you tomorrow," you squeaked. "G'night (y/n)," he gave you a small wave. You returned the wave before gently shutting the door.

It was the little things like these that you loved about him. You sighed and ran a hand through your tangled hair. I don't deserve this boy.