osamu | endless nights

thank you for the request! hope you guys enjoy this one~

You squinted your dry eyes at your bright phone screen, reading the numbers "4:39" in your head. You sighed and turned onto your back, staring at the ceiling as random thoughts swirled through head.

This was nothing new really. Sleep felt like some kind of treasure that shouldn't be that difficult to reach, yet it was. You blew a few strands of hair out of your face as you listened to the muffled croaks of frogs from outside.

You weren't going to get any sleep tonight, were you?

A wave of frustration washed over your body. You slowly sat up from your bed, palming your face in disappointment. "I hope he's awake," you muttered to yourself as you inwardly debated on showing up at 4 in the morning.

You put on some slippers and headed out your front door, making sure to lock it. The soft buzz of lampposts echoed through the neighborhood, accompanied by the occasional chirps of crickets.

You bent down and picked up a key underneath the mat in front of his door and inserted it into the lock. It obediently clicked as you pushed the door open.

"Please excuse the intrusion," you quietly announced in case anyone was awake.

The Miya parents were out of town which meant the twins were on their own for a couple of days.

Your eyes began to water out of nowhere. Here came the random tears—another thing that wasn't much of a surprise. You quietly sniffled and wiped them away with your sleeve. Why now?

"(y/n)?" Atsumu's raspy voice greeted you. "Oh, someone's awake," you remarked, "sorry if i scared you." "It's fine, i'm used to the random visits by now," the boy chuckled from the living room sofa as he lowered the TV's volume.

"'Samu's in his room sleeping. He won't mind being woken up by you though," Atsumu said in a quiet voice. You nodded your head, "Hopefully."

The door just barely creaked as you cautiously
opened it. The soft snores of your boyfriend filled the room. You closed the door behind you, carefully twisting the knob so it wouldn't make much noise.

You lifted up the sheets and crawled into the bed next to him. The grey haired boy groaned, wrapping his arms around you in his slumber. You scooted closer to him so that your back was pressed against his chest.

"(y/n)?" his tired voice came out as a whisper. "I couldn't sleep... i hope i didn't scare you," you replied quietly. "Your shirt is wet... Were you crying?" Osamu asked.

"Yeah, but it's nothing important really," you shoved the subject aside. It was true, your tears were as random as they come, so they weren't of much significance to you.

"I don't want you to cry," he mumbled, burying his face into your shoulder. "You smell nice." another grumble you could barely hear.

You snuggled against him in a more comfortable position to fall asleep in—or at least try to. "Thanks for not kicking me out," you said.

"Why would i kick you out?" he asked plainly. "I dunno... it's 4 am and i just thought you'd get scared from finding a random person in your bed," you sighed.

"You're not a random person (y/n), you're my girlfriend," he said, moving his hand to stroke your hair. "I don't want you to see yourself as a nuisance... you're far from it," Osamu whispered from behind you.

You couldn't help but feel the heat rush to your face. "I love you, (y/n)," he gently kissed you on the cheek. "I love you too, Osamu," you smiled.

You woke up the next day in an empty bed, feeling slightly energized from the few hours of sleep you managed to get last night. The delicious smell of fried fish pulled you to the kitchen.

Soothing down your bedhead, you entered the kitchen to see Osamu in a pink cooking apron. Your boyfriend instantly noticed the look on your face and answered the question on your mind, "Atsumu made me wear it."

You squinted your eyes and noticed the maid theme of the clothing. The edges had a white lace bordering them and there was a large red bow tying it in the back. You chuckled, "It's cute."

Osamu rolled his eyes in a light hearted manner before placing a plate of fish in front of you. You thanked him for the meal and dug in. It was absolutely delicious—as of expected from the boy.

"Hey 'Samu, i'll give you 500 yen to wear that apron to school tomorrow," Atsumu snickered, his chopsticks in hand as he propped his elbow against the wooden table. Osamu sighed before responding, "Higher."

Your eyes widened. He's willing to do it? Being with Osamu for a while now, you had grown used to these random dares the brothers would give each other.

"1000," the yellow haired brother stated. "Higher." the grey haired one said. You watched in amusement as the two negotiated.

"2000?" Atsumu offered.

"3000."

"2500."

"Deal," Osamu nodded.

"Wait really?" you said to yourself as you laughed. The sight of your boyfriend walking around the halls in a maid apron was... definitely interesting. You faked a sigh and placed your chopsticks on the edge of your plate, "I guess we'll see how it goes."