hinata | listen to the weather forecast

based off of a true story that happened to me last year (^) also, for the lovely reader who requested Hinata fluff, i'm sorry i didn't make this oneshot that... fluff-y, but there will definitely be more Hinata fluff in the future

"Hinata, you dumbass! Put the stick down," Kageyama chased after the orange haired boy as he wielded a large branch. "Ha, idiots. Just wait for one of them to smack the other in the face with that branch," Tsukishima scoffed. "Hinata... Kageyama... please be careful," Yachi watched with concern.

Ah yes, the first years of the Karasuno volleyball team. The same first years who helped Karasuno regain its title and spot in nationals. You sat on the swings as you conversed with Yamaguchi, the two of you having no concern for Kageyama or Hinata at the moment.

You and your friends had gotten together to hang out at a nearby park, despite the foreboding sky. The air smelled strongly of that moist, rainy smell that came before a storm, and the forecast had said that there would be a rainstorm today. Yet here you all were.

A thick drop of water landed on your head, making you flinch. You stopped swinging and looked up. There it was, the well awaited rain.

"Uhhhh, guys," you said as the rain began to pour quickly. "Guys we gotta go now, the storm is starting!" Yachi stepped in between Kageyama and Hinata. "I guess even mother nature was getting annoyed by you two," Tsukishima had to take off his glasses to see since the rain had gotten on his lenses.

"Hinata, lets go!" you gestured for Hinata to come, which he did, "see you later guys!" "See ya!" "Bye bye!" Hinata lived next to you, so the two of you walked together.

The rain began pouring mercilessly, strong enough to the point where it was painful wherever it made direct contact with your skin. Today was the worst day to wear shorts and a t-shirt. "Did you bring an umbrella (y/n)?" Hinata had to yell over the thundering rain to get his message across. "Yeah! Gimme a sec," you pulled out an umbrella from your soaked backpack.

The two of you had to work together to hold the umbrella since the rain was so strong. Your hand was below his on the cold, metal bar. The umbrella didn't do much, your soaked clothes stuck to your skin and your hair was completely drenched.

"I should have brought an umbrella too," Hinata said, but you could barely hear him, so you simply nodded. The two of you huddled together to share some kind—any kind of body heat.

This situation was something you sort of dreamed of—something you only saw in movies. Where one character forgets their umbrella, so they have to share with the main love interest, except the rain was so strong it felt like needles, and it was far too loud to be able to hold a conversation.

"Can you hold it for a second," you shouted as you passed the umbrella to Hinata. You dug in your backpack to pull out a light raincoat, but it was useless at this point, so you shoved it back in the bag.

"Ah! The umbrella!" Hinata shouted. You looked up and spotted the umbrella flying away , getting caught on a fence not too far away. "Ow, ow, ow." the two of you ran after it as the rain hammered you both.

Hinata grabbed the umbrella and held it back up for the two of you. "Sorry, (y/n)!" Hinata shouted. "It's fine, let's just get home!" you huddled as close as you could to the boy.

The rain splashed against the concrete road, creating a thick mist that prevented you from seeing anything further than 10 feet. Storms weren't supposed to be this violent, right? It was like mother nature was trying to murder you.

The outside noise and sight prevention had created this atmospheric bubble where only you and Hinata existed. Overwhelming was one word you could use to describe it. You stared at the boy next to you as you quickly paced on the sidewalk together.