terushima | a candid shot

started writing this. had a mental breakdown. that is my excuse for the dog shit writing in this oneshot. enjoy.

You rushed to the gym as quickly as you could. The doors slid open with a loud scrape, "Fashionably late as always, (y/n)-san," the other female manager laughed, already situated at the edge of the court. "S-sorry!" you bowed your head.

You fixed your disheveled hair and laid your books and papers upon the bench. "Here, can you watch for a little, i have to go to the bathroom real quick," Hana asked. You nodded your head up and down, "Of course," you gave her a thumbs up.

You watched as the team played a 3v3 scrimmage, your eyes subconsciously wandering to a certain boy's back. "That spike was so cool, Higshiyama!" Terushima shouted to his teammate on the opposing court.

"He's on the other team, Terushima-san!" his teammate jabbed him in the side with his elbow. "We should try that," he muttered to himself.

You watched as the ball was tossed to the boy. He easily mirrored the earlier actions of Higashiyama on his spike, the loud sound of the ball nailing the floor rung through the gym. Typical Terushima.

Hana came back and asked you about what she missed. You simply summarized what happened in the last few minutes. "You were staring at Terushima again, weren't you?" Hana smiled playfully. "N-no! H-he just happened to be the most noticeable!" you waved your hands in front of your face.

"I'm surprised you're into that kind of guy... i thought you'd be into the softer type," Hana laughed, making you flush red in embarrassment. "H-hana! I never said i liked him!" you pouted. "You're adorable (y/n)." she poked your cheek, making you pout even more.

Practice ended sooner than you thought, and everyone was currently helping clean the gym. "Hey, we should take a team picture! Like the ones people take before and after something," Terushima said as he mopped around the court.

"You mean a before and after picture?" Hana asked, tossing a volleyball into a cart. Terushima nodded. "Before and after what?" she rose an eyebrow. "Before and after we go to nationals!" he beamed, propping his mop against the wall when he finished. "Sounds good to me," Hana shrugged. The team lit up with excitement.

Everyone in the gym arranged themselves, you and Hana were sitting in the middle of a bench, a few other boys on either side if you. Terushima was sitting on the ground directly in front of you with the rest of the remaining team.

"Okay, ready?" one of the boys set his phone on a timer before running to his spot. You felt a sneeze sneaking up on you, your leg accidentally kicking the boy in front of you as you leaned your head back.

"Huh?" he turned around when you heard an artificial camera shutter from the phone. "Ah guys, I think we gotta retake that, i wasn't facing forwards," Terushima said. "Achoo!" you sighed, wiping your nose although nothing came out.

"Alright hold on, let's check it first," the same boy who set up the camera grabbed his phone before bursting out into sudden laughter. "What is it?" Hana stood up and looked at the screen, her face flushing beet red when she saw what was on it.

"Delete it," she ordered after regaining her composure. "This is definitely a keeper," he wiped tears of laughter off his face. "What is it?" Terushima went to check out the big commotion himself, the rest of the team following behind.

His face flushed red as well—except it wasn't as obvious as Hana's. Hana reached for the phone, only leading to the boy holding it higher out of her grasp. "What is it?" you got up from the bench, walking towards the small crowd.

"No (y/n), i-it's not important!" Hana frantically waved her hands in front her face, ushering you away from the group. Terushima stared at you from behind her, his eyes wide and face red.

"W-what? That just makes me want to see it more..." you pouted. You pushed past Hana as she tried to stop you. The boy tilted his phone at an angle for you to see.

"Oh god..." the broom that Terushima had left against the wall fell to the ground. The wooden handle bounced against the hard floor, echoing through the silent gym.

In the picture, smack-dab in the center of it all, was the worst shot you've ever seen of yourself. Your head was thrown back, your mouth, slightly open, and your eyes were tightly shut. In short, the expression looked very lewd out of context. And to add to it all, Terushima's head was turned around, directly at the level of your knees.

You were sitting at a 90° angle.

"No no no no no no no no no... NO!" you shouted the last "no" as you pulled on your hair to hide your blushing face. "Please please please delete that!" you turned around, refusing to face the other victim of the photo.

"But it's funny! It's like high school memories y'know? You'll look back at it and laugh, trust me!" he tried to reassure you. "N-no i won't!" you turned around and shouted. "Dude, it totally looks like Terushima is eating her ou-" Hana quickly covered one of the boy's mouths. "DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE!" she yelled, fuming with second hand embarrassment.

"I mean, my tongue piercing would probably feel weird..."

"W-WHAT?!" you cried. He was not helping your case at all. "D-don't imagine it!" you shouted, your hands glued to your sides in fists. "How can i not? It's not like i don't every day," he shrugged.

(y/n).exe stopped working

"Terushima!" Hana smacked him on the back of his head at a complete loss for words. What the hell are you supposed to say to that?

"What? It's true..." he rubbed the sore spot. "YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS ANY BETTER!" she roared. The team had circled around you as if you had just died.

"(y/n)! Are you okay?" Hana knelt down and grabbed you by the shoulders, your body frozen flat on the ground. You silently shook your head.

You wanted to be wiped off the face of earth right now. Your mind was too innocent for this. Hana glared at the boy holding his phone, ordering him to delete the photo with just the look on her face.

He sighed and obliged, "There, it's gone." he honestly felt bad. You were the kindest person to associate with the Johzenji volleyball team, so everyone couldn't help but feel a bit guilty.

"Look what you did to her!" Hana whipped her head around as she spat at the team captain. "I-i was just telling the truth! (y/n) is really cute okay!" Terushima retorted.

You were just about to get back up, but hearing those words made you collapse once again. Your soul had finally left your body. "Please just let this day be over..." you mumbled.