seijoh | live q&a

youtube things. oh and you're the manager of both a team and a channel.
wc: 1141

•••

"You're doing a live today for the channel, right?" Hanamaki voiced from the bleacher behind you.

Relaxed, you placed your chin in your palm and affirmed, "Yeah, I hope there won't be too many viewers or I might get nervous."

Oikawa overheard your conversation, casually ambling over from the courts, "You can always hand the phone to me! I'm a natural in the spotlight."

"They'll be able to see all your blackheads if you hold the camera too close."

"I don't have blackheads!"

A year ago, when you were still a second year, your friends on the team had brought up the idea of creating a YouTube channel. In which you followed along, accepting your role as the manager and taking care of the channel as well.

It quickly grew in popularity (mostly thanks to a viral video of Oikawa's face receiving one of Iwaizumi's strongest spikes). The channel's demographic was majority high schoolers, along with the occasional middle schoolers that squeezed into the comment sections.

Today you had scheduled a live Q&A stream after practice that your subscribers knew
of beforehand. It would be your fourth time going live on the platform, so you knew your way around the basics.

Setting up the phone on a tripod just in front of the lowest bleacher, you cleared your throat and straightened your school uniform. The bright red "Go Live" button practically taunted you, mercilessly beaming in your face.

Your shaky finger tapped the button, and you quickly leaned back into the bleacher. "Okay, I think... we're good. Matsukawa, can you check real quick?"

The curly headed boy nodded, tapping his phone screen until he navigated to the team channel. He muttered a "one second" before refreshing the page for a third time. "All good. Everything's clear, 'cept you can hear Iwaizumi and Oikawa serving in the background."

"Eh, that's fine. It adds to the atmosphere."

Your eyes took note of the viewer count, and your brain spun. You knew you scheduled the stream prior to this day, but you didn't think this many people would show.

"There's lots of you guys here already! Should I wait a minute for everyone, or should I just start?" you asked mostly to yourself whilst the rest of the team busied themselves with whatever was in the gym.

A robotic, text to speech voice startled you, a cartoonish sticker popping up in the upper left corner that signified a donation.

"Have you ever gotten hit by a stray volleyball during practice?"

You stifled a laugh before concluding: "Of course. I stand near the court during practices, but I'm not always paying full attention, so I get hit pretty often—maybe weekly?"

Kindaichi's voice cut across the gym from where he swept the polished floors. "They're lying. It happens daily."

Chat messages traveled across the screen, each comprising of a unique style of typed laughs: key smashing, "LMAOOO", or merely typing "hahaha".

Before you could defend your honor, the robotic voice spoke once again, this time accompanied by a donation of eight hundred yen. "Who gets in trouble the most?"

"You'd think it's Oikawa, but Matsukawa actually gets yelled at more than anyone else," you shrugged.

"It's his dirty mouth! There's a time and place for swearing and mature jokes, and in front of Coach Irahata is not one of them," retorted Yahaba, aiming to add any bit of his presence to the livestream.

Questions of the similar caliber continued throughout the livestream; however, there were a subject few you chose to avoid: "do you have a crush on any member", "which boy would you date", "who's your favorite". Occasionally, donations directed their questions towards specific team members, but it was rare they'd receive an answer, for everyone seemed to be working on their own tasks.

But a particular question caught the gym's attention: "If you had to choose three roommates to live with in college, who would they be and why?"

"Ohh, this one's tough."

You paused the incoming donations to answer this question. It was one of the more entertaining ones after all.

Without giving much thought of the team's presence, you began.

"Before I say who, I'm gonna go with a more tactical route. I'm not choosing because of favoritism," you disclaimed.

"First off, Hajime."

The boys turned their heads, each one staring at the attentive wing spiker who shook his own in a baffled response.

"That boy can cook! We'd be eating good every night." Your head nodded in proud approval.

Oikawa's shoulders dropped in defeat as he waited for Iwaizumi to serve the ball to him once again, but the latter was too caught up in your flattery.

"Second... um, I gotta say Matsukawa. Surprisingly, he's a great driver—take you anywhere you want."

The said boy rose his arms in the air in a subtle victory cheer, ignoring the jealous glares he received across the gym.

Before finishing your answer, you sucked on your teeth, truly pondering your next set of words. The team was on the edge of their seats with anticipation, and Oikawa held his thumbnail in a nervous bite.

"And finally, Kyotani. He's a huge clean freak. The place would be absolutely spotless."

Kyotani, who was currently locking up the closet, huffed indifferently. Oikawa groaned loudly, dropping the volleyball in his hands and stomping toward your direction.

"So in conclusion, if you want the best meals, free transportation, and a clean dorm, those three are the best choice," you laughed, oblivious of the stormy setter heading your way.

"Not true!"

The chat erupted into messages, all chirping out the setter's notorious name with as much energy they could express through text.

His hand shoved the side of your face halfway out of frame as he stole your place.

"I would be a great roommate. I can play volleyball, I have great taste in TV shows, and I'm the best looking member on the team," boasted Oikawa.

"Being attractive has nothing to do with being a good roommate in the long run," you said whilst wiping the glaze of sweat on the back of your neck from the humid gym.

"SO YOU ADMIT IT!"

"What?"

"Quit it. You're just doing this for fan service." Iwaizumi was now in frame as well behind the two of you.

"Eh, let him. He got us famous anyways," Hanamaki begrudgingly admitted.

While Oikawa gladly took those words to heart, Kyotani finally entered the ring: "Don't flatter him. He doesn't need any more of an ego boost."

Eventually, the team fell into utter chaos, and it was not until now did you realize who sent the question that caused such a result.

Laughing ever so slightly, you read the username aloud.

"Thanks for the question, Ninja Shoyo."