Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of J. Cole blaring through the surround sound speakers in my room. I groaned and kicked around. The two hours of sleep last night was not enough to put me through a long ass day.

"Alexa, turn that shit off!" I yelled. The music stopped, and I slowly pulled myself out of bed. I walked into my bathroom and took my morning piss. I washed my hands then started my routine. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before throwing on some running shorts and an old t-shirt. I left my house around 5:30 AM to start my run. I ran for six miles before getting back to my house. I hopped in the shower and washed up. After getting out I put on a black suit with a white shirt and red bottom shoes. I walked into my garage and looked around at the cars. I chose the 2022 M8 Competition Gran Coupe and got inside.

I took the relatively short drive to my office and parked in my designated spot. I grabbed my book bag and walked inside of the building.

"Hello, Y/N." My assistant, Everly, greeted me. I smiled at her.

"Good morning, Everly." I responded.

"Today you have a team meeting with the electrical team at 9, a meeting with the mechanical team at 11, a meeting with the architects at 12, lunch with your dad at 1, then off to the construction site for the Meadow Ridge Neighborhood at 2:30 to do an inspection on the model house, and then a board meeting at 5." She told me. We stepped on the elevator and pressed the up button.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yes, that's it. Also your mom is in your office." She said.

"Fuck!" I said. I got off the elevator and walked to my office.

"Hi, baby. Guess what?" She asked.

"What, Ma?" I asked.

"You and Elly are taking your sister to the Ariana Grande concert. Yay!" She said.

"The who?" I asked.

"Ariana Grande. You know that lil white girl with the ponytail." She said.

"Mom, I have no idea who you're talking about. Why can't Elly take her alone?" I asked.

"Well because Elly is off her medication. I wouldn't trust her to carry a bowl to the sink. Now it's gonna be on Thursday at the Staples center at 3." She said.

"Who the fuck has a concert at three?" I asked sitting down.

"Well the little meet and greet thing is at three." She said. I groaned loudly and wouldn't stop.

"Shut up." Mom said.

"I have work." I said. She kissed me on the cheek.

"Have fun, okay?" She said. I nodded.

"I love you, Ma." I told her.

"I love you too, baby." Mom smiled.

———

I got home to my empty house around 8 at night. I trudged to the fridge only to see there was nothing in there.

"Oh my god, I hate my life." I whispered. I called in an order at Yamashiro Hollywood and left to go pick it up. Once I got there, I paid my food and got back in the car. On the drive back home I stopped at a light, only to see a huge crowd of people in the street. I honked over and over again trying to get them to go. I got out my car and walked to the crowd.

"Hey, what the fuck is going on? Move out the fucking way!" I shouted. I pushed through the crowd of cameras and finally got to the center. There was a brown haired girl trying to get through.

"Please just leave me alone!" She shouted.

"Hey, leave her alone!" I yelled at the people. "And get the fuck out the street!"