Chapter 12

*Seventeen Years Ago*

"Mama?" I asked. I flinched as the woman rolled over.

"What the fuck do you want?" She asked.

"Mama, I haven't eaten in a couple days. I was wonderin' if I could get something. I'm real hungry." I said.

"Did you tell your teachers you didn't eat?" She asked me.

"No ma'am. I didn't." I told her.

"Well I don't have any goddamn money. Go ask your dad." She said.

"Please don't make me wake him up." I said.

"Go fucking do it!" She yelled. I ran off to the bedroom to find my dad.

"Daddy." I said. He stayed still. "Daddy, I need you to wake up."

"What the fuck is it? The house better be on fire or you better be dead." He said.

"I'm real hungry. I was thinkin' I could get somethin' to eat. Please. I haven't eaten in two days." I told him. He rolled over and looked at me. He jumped out of bed and picked me up by my arms. He dragged me to the living room and threw me on the couch. He went to the kitchen and came back with a plate of powder.

"Eat it." He said.

"Daddy, that's not food." I said.

"Eat it!" He shouted. I stuffed it in my mouth and immediately coughed. My heart started beating out of my chest as my parents laughed at me.

"Y/N!" I heard. I sat up in bed. Jack and Luke were sitting on my bed.

"Baby, it's been a month. You haven't gotten out of this bed once." Luke said.

"That's the point. I want to slowly decompose." I said.

"I know it hurts. I know it does. She's your first real love, so it's gonna sting when she rejects you." Jack said.

"She humiliated me. Here she was telling me that she loves me, and then I tell her and she bails. I fucking knew I shouldn't have done that. I knew I shouldn't have told her." I said.

"Y/N, you had no idea she would react that way. Hell! None of us did. But you can't beat yourself up because of her. You can't rot in bed." Luke said.

"But I feel like shit. I just want to close my eyes and wake up in a million years." I said putting the covers over my head.

"Listen, Elly and Luke's new movies are coming out and they're having the premiere of the first one tonight. You need to get up and come with us." Jack said.

"Are you crazy? I'm not going anywhere." I said.

"Come on, Y/N. Just come for me. I'm really proud of these movies. I want you to be there for me." Luke said.

"Noooooo. Don't guilt trip me please." I begged.

"It's too late. I'm guilt tripping." Luke said. He got on his knees. "Pleaseeeeeeee come!"

"Luke!" I laughed.

"There's that pretty smile." Jack said.

"Come on. It'll be fun. Really fun." Luke smiled.

"Okay, fine." I said. The boys cheered and hugged each other.

"Just come to my house after you shower. We have everything including your suit." Luke said. I groaned.

———

The lights flashed in front of me as I walked the red carpet with Elly, Luke, and Jack.

"Oh God. I literally never get use to this shit." Jack said.