Chapter 27

"Daddy, why are you pacing?" Theo asked as she played on her switch.

My entire family was at my parents house, but no one had said anything. My parents just looked distressed.

"Seriously, what is it?" Jack asked. The door opened and Dallas walked in. She had a hand full of papers and handed them to my dad. He flipped through them before giving her a gentle nod.

"Guys?" I asked. Ariana grabbed my hand.

"Okay, so before I say this everyone has to promise not to be mad at Ariana." Dad said. I snapped my head to look at her.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"She didn't necessarily do anything. Honestly I should have said Y/N." Dad said.

"What? Can you just say it? Now I'm confused." I said.

"So you guys know Dallas is our new actuary, and she has other actuarial friends that do other types of actuary jobs. Such as real estate actuarial science. Well one of her old friends from college is close with Ariana's ex husband and he's been doing a little digging." Dad said.

"What type of digging?" Luke asked.

"Well, um, look at your bank accounts." Dad said. I took my phone out and went to my Wells Fargo app. I unlocked it and saw I had zero dollars in my account.

"Oh hell no!" Elly shouted.

"Where the fuck is my money?" Jack asked.

"Dad, what's going on?" Hunter asked.

"Okay, everyone calm down." Mom said.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked.

"Dalton has been working with people to uncover things like why we have so much money and things like that. So the FBI has withdrawn the money from our accounts to keep us from leaving because we are under federal investigation for many things that range from tax fraud to murder." Dad said. My jaw dropped.

"Y/N, you couldn't have chosen somebody that wasn't fucking married?" Elly spat.

I didn't even have a response. It's not like I could respond before all of my siblings started yelling at me. I took my hand away from Ariana and clenched my fist.

"You have all of those degrees, yet you never use your fucking brain." Hunter said.

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted and stood up.

"Or what?" Hunter said standing up.

"You two, stop it!" Mom said.

"So what are we supposed to fucking do?" Luke said.

"You guys can use my money. This is my fucking fault. It's the least I could do." Ariana choked out. I looked down at her. She was almost in tears.

"You could do a whole lot more. Like leaving before I jump on you." Elly said.

"Thank you, Ariana. But that won't work. They took the money from your accounts too because you're with Y/N." Mom said. Ariana's eyes shot up.

"So what do we do?" Jack asked.

"Well your mother, your grandparents and I are going to handle this. But while we do we're sending you back to your birth places just so that they won't come looking for you." Dad said.

"No fucking shot." I said.

"Yes. Jack and Luke will go to Arizona, Elly will go to Michigan, Y/N will go to Georgia, and Hunter will take Melissa, Harrison, and Theo to Nebraska." Mom said.