Chapter 19

"Oh holy shit." I said wiping my nose.

"Y/N?" I heard from outside the door.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I made you dinner. Come down and eat." Ariana said.

"Okay, give me a minute." I said. I put my smack in my safe and cleaned my face off. I walked out of the bathroom and out of my bed room. I went downstairs and sat at the new kitchen table.

"I made lasagna. With meat and everything. Just for you." She said. I nodded and started eating. She sat beside me at the table. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told her.

"You just seem off. You haven't been to work, and you never leave your room. I never see you eat. You've lost at least fifteen pounds in two weeks, Y/N." She said.

"I'm just taking a break for a little." I said.

"From the world?" She asked.

"Basically." I said.

"Have you talked to Kiana?" Ariana asked. I scoffed.

"As if she'd want to talk to me ever again." I said.

"I'm still sorry, Y/N." She said.

"Yeah, it was my fault too. Not just yours. Don't worry." I said. I reached into the pockets of my pajama pants and pulled out a cigarette. I lit at, and Ariana looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Since when do you smoke?" She asked.

"I use to do it all the time. Decided to take it up again." I said.

"Is that the only thing you've taken up? Or is there more I need to know about?" Ariana asked slowly.

"What the fuck are you tryna say?" I asked.

"Are you doing drugs?" She asked.

"I'm not doing this shit, bro." I said getting up.

"Why are you getting so angry? I just asked a question. I'm worried about you." Ariana said.

"I don't need you to worry about me, alright? I'm fine. I'm going upstairs for the night." I said.

"You just came out of your room!" She complained.

"Yeah, well I miss it already." I said.

"Can we at least have like a movie night? Something to cheer you up?" Ariana asked.

"I don't need to be cheered up. I'm fine." I said going upstairs. It took everything in me to get up those stairs and onto my bed. I put my cigarette out and threw it in the pile on the floor. My chest was throbbing.

I reached into the drawer beside me and pulled out my speedball mixture. I did a line and screamed in pain.

"Fuck you, bio mom and dad!" I shouted before hitting the floor.

Three Years Ago

"Oh my baby!" Mom said as she pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Look at you! You're so strong. You look so different." She said.

"Yeah I know. I just got out yesterday. I wanted to surprise you guys." I said. Dad came downstairs and ran to me once he saw me. He picked me up and swung me around.

"My baby!" He said.

"Hi, Dad." I said.

"You've grown so much. My god. We're going to your favorite restaurant tonight. Okay? Go home and get dressed. I'll call them and clear that bitch out right now. We'll surprise your siblings." He said.

"Okay." I said. I got in my car and drove to my house. I got inside and went up to my room. I took off my uniform and placed it on the bed. I went to the bathroom and immediately spotted the left out heroin from before I was deployed.

I hesitantly walked over to the pile. I whipped out my credit card and separated three lines for myself. I snorted all three before everything going black.

Ariana's Point of View

I heard a loud bang from upstairs.

"Y/N?" I called out. I walked upstairs and knocked on Y/N's door. "Y/N?"

I got no response. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked quietly.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I didn't get a response, and I started to get worried. I grabbed my phone and texted her.

Me: wut r u doing in there?

Me: r u ok???

Me: Y/N answer this is ISNT funny

After five minutes of no response I called Brady.

"Hello?" He said.

"Brady, Y/N locked herself in her room like thirty minutes ago, and she isn't responding to my knocks or my texts and I'm scared." I said.

"Maybe she just wants to be alone." He yawned.

"No, it's different. There was a loud noise and now there's no sound coming from the room. I'm worried." I told him.

"Tell her that I'm on the phone and to stop playing before I go Papa Brad on her." He told me.

"Y/N! Brady said to stop playing before he goes Papa Brad on you." I said. I didn't get a response. "Brady, she didn't respond."

"Okay, listen carefully. Do not freak out. I want you to call 911. Do not wake the rest of her family. Tell the ambulance to turn their lights and siren off. No one can know they're coming. Jackson and I will be there in ten." He said before hanging up. I immediately broke down. I dialed 911 and told them everything.

It wasn't even five minutes before I heard Brady and Jackson coming up the stairs.

"Move." Brady said. I moved from in front of the door. He kicked the door in and ran inside. Jackson and I ran in behind him. Y/N was on the floor passed out in her own vomit. Before I could run to her, Jackson grabbed me.

"Let go!" I said.

"No! Brady needs to get her downstairs." He said. Brady scooped Y/N up and walked out of the room. Jackson and I followed him downstairs. The ambulance was just pulling up as we came down. Brady got in the back of the truck and placed Y/N on the gurney.

"Meet me at the hospital." He said.

"Come on, Ariana." Jackson said pulling me to his car. I was in a haze. I didn't know what was going on. Everything felt like a dream. This had to be a nightmare. It had to be. I probably blinked once before we arrived at the hospital.

No. It was real. I was living my worst nightmare.

——————————————————————
A/N

Next couple chapters are kinda short.

I have to fuckin quarantine I'm pissed bro. I'm also mad cause I'm having a party in two weeks and I wish y'all could come. Y'all really my friends.

I wish I was them

I wish I was them. I'd be Boomhauer mane.