Chapter 28

"Why are all of the houses so small?" Theo asked.

"Yeah these are what normal houses look like, baby." I said. I looked out of the window to see my hometown.

"Does everything look familiar?" Dallas asked.

"It does. It's scary." I said.

I smiled as Dallas turned onto a familiar street.

"What's got you so smiley?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's just that I remember when I was little this was the rich people street. Oak Tree street had all the nice houses. But the only thing that qualified them as nice in my mind was that they didn't have crackheads out front trying to come inside. And they had a garage." I said.

"Well now you live on the rich people street." She said pulling into a brick house. After she parked, I got out and stretched. That drive was no fucking joke.

"This is where we live now?" Theo asked.

"Yep." Dallas said.

"You know you didn't have to do this." I said to Dallas.

"Yeah, I know. But I wanted to. Even though you were a complete ass during my interview I saw something in you." She said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Now I get the master bedroom. Y/N gets the other biggest room." Dallas said. Theo huffed. I laughed at the small girl. I started taking things from the trunk and bringing them inside. The house was furnished.

"How do you have money?" I asked.

"The FBI cleared me already. I didn't do no illegal shit, that was you." Dallas laughed. I rolled my eyes. I got the rest of the bags out of the trunk and locked the car before going back inside.

Theo took her bags and Dallas took hers. I took all of my bags to the second biggest room I saw. There was a queen sized bed with a dresser and a chest. I had a TV on a TV stand in the corner.

Twenty eight years old and I was living like a middle schooler. I started to unpack and put everything away. I placed my bags in the closet and walked to Theo's room. I helped her unpack. When we finished, we went out to the living room.

"Took you long enough." Dallas said. "I'm making lunch."

"Okay." I said.

"Do you have any friends you could go see?" Dallas asked.

"Norah and Ethan moved to New York and Dinah is dead so no." I said.

"Siblings?" She asked.

"It was just me and my parents and they are dead." I said.

"Cousins?" She asked.

"I never even told them I left, so I don't think they'd want to talk to me considering I was a billionaire who never gave them money." I said.

"Well you need a job, so maybe they can help you out." She said.

"Wowwwwww." I said. She laughed.

"What? You can't mooch off of me." She said.

"I'm over qualified for every fucking job there is and when they run a background check and see I'm under investigation what am I gonna do then." I said.

"Not true. You know exactly what you're qualified for and won't need a background check." Dallas said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Construction, dumbass."

"No way! They make barely above minimum wage. I should know I had hella working for me." I said.

"Well maybe it's karma for not paying your workers enough. All I know is I'm here to take care of me and Theo financially. So if you don't get a job you won't have money for nothing." She said. I groaned.