Chapter 2 - Why are the living so complicated?

Run. Run. RUN!!

My feet get stuck in a root and I fall. I'm confuse, I look around me and I'm running through a forest.

I look behind me and I'm being chase by shadows, they slowly get closer and I run faster.

I keep running, my breath shallow and my side hurting but I don't stop. I look back and the shadows slowly take the form of wolves, black shadowy wolves are now chasing after me but before they can catch me, I hear a beep sound.

I open my eyes, waking up to the calming melodic sound of my alarm clock, please notice the sarcasm.

That was a weird dream, normally I dream things like that when I'm about to meet a weird problematic ghost but this dream feels different, those wolves didn't look like a ghost premonition. I turned off the alarm.

Wait a second, alarm? The alarm was supposed to sound tomorrow morning, to wake me up for school. I take my phone and I can't believe my eyes.

I slept the whole day... I missed a whole day. This is the first time this happens. Now I need to get ready for school.

Why does school need to be in the morning? I wish I could go to school at nighttime. I get up from bed and inspect the room. It's early but I don't know the way to school, is better if I just get ready.

I open a side door and realize I have a bathroom in my room, in our last house we had one bathroom for everyone.

I search among the boxes and find the ones with my clothes and bathroom supplies. I do my daily necessities and take a shower. I put my long blonde hair in a low ponytail, and I just wear black jeans, a blue t-shirt and an oversize hoodie.

Once I'm ready I walk towards the kitchen, it's a big house but not enough to get lost, I just go down the stairs and enter the kitchen, I'm surprise to see my dad is already awake and making breakfast.

"Dad? It's alright if you're already awake?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can't believe we slept the whole day yesterday!" My dad laughs.

He was right, we both slept through the whole day. We were supposed to unpack yesterday but were far too tired to care.

"Allie, It's alright If you want to can skip school today and unpack!" he offers but I shook my head.

I'm already starting on a new school, I don't want to miss classes, I want to keep my good grades.

"Allie, aren't teenagers supposed to love skipping school?"

"I love not doing anything like any normal teenager, don't worry" I'm not lying, I love being lazy, I think my favorite activity of the day is sleep but if I stay I will be unpacking, that's worse than going to school.

"Alright, eat your breakfast, I'll take you to school".

"Can't I go walking?" I enjoy walking, you can just listen to music, enjoy the world around you and ignore everything else.

"Allie, you would need to walk 30 minutes to get there, if you haven't noticed the house isn't exactly close from civilization" my dad tries to convince me but 30 minutes sounds perfect.

"I like walking" I say and he sighs.

"Do you know how to get there?" he tries again.

"I don't" I say calmly.

"Then let me take you and you can come back walking, how does that sound?"

I nod and eat my breakfast. I take my backpack and walk towards the car, I know how to drive but I don't like it, especially when a ghost just pops out of nowhere and makes me lose my focus.