Chapter 29 - Princess

Princess... Liam's sister then.

I lightly slap my forehead. I try hard to keep my anger in check, I don't want to get angry at them, but they keep testing my patience.

"Why now?" I say trying to keep my voice calm.

"Sorry?" Raymond asks confused.

At his question I feel the last piece of my patience breaking, I snap. We've been talking for hours; we were on this meeting for most of the day and these idiots tell me this now?

"Why the hell did you tell me this just now?" I glare at him; he takes a step back.

Oh, no, stupid wolf, you stay in place. I smile and I see his expression darkening, he seems to be panicking.

Black mist pours out from where I'm standing. It creeps closer to him until he's surrounded, unable to move.

"Allie" Lucas puts a hand on my shoulder. His face shows shame and pain.

I frown.

I shouldn't have reacted like that; it was childish of me. I understand, Lucas, I would never make you decide between me and your family. I take a deep breath and slowly sigh.

"You're so lucky I don't have to deal with you anymore" the mist disappears, and I turn, ready to leave the room.

"Father, this information was of utmost priority" I can hear Lucas, he sounds cold. I know he's angry. "This is the first thing you should've told us".

"I didn't think it was necessary to mention it" Raymond admits.

"Fool" I say in spite.

I don't explain myself and walk out, I'm so done, I want nothing more than to sleep, but now I need to go check on the girl.

Lucas and Jos stay for a moment to reprimand his father, but soon enough they leave and start walking next to me.

"Let me guess, you're going to check on the girl?" Jos asks.

I nod.

"Why? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't... I just want to learn, if now I'm Alpha, I want to learn to see the bigger picture, like you" Lucas says, he's blushing slightly.

I turn to see him, my eyes open, I must admit I'm confused. "I don't see the bigger picture" I say rather confused.

"Eh?" Jos and Lucas say at the same time.

I chuckle, seeing them so lost it's rather fun. "I'm a selfish person" I explain. "Seeing the bigger picture would mean doing what's best for the majority, but I always look after my people and no one else, I would sacrifice the rest of the world easily if that meant to protect those I care about".

"I didn't check on the king even though I knew leaving him alone could put this place in danger, because the immediate threat wouldn't reach us, but that was a miscalculation, he attacked faster than I expected, which concluded in Aidan's kidnapping if I were someone who "sees the bigger picture" that would've never happened".

"In all honesty, my plans are always made on the go, and I change them accordingly. I hardly do any plans if I don't absolutely have to".

Jos and Lucas don't seem convinced but there's nothing I can do about that.

"But to answer your first question, I'm going to check on her because I need to know what that bastard is using as justification".

After all, why 'kidnap' the princess and bring her here? it's obvious if one thinks about it. The king is going to use this as the perfect excuse to attack the Blue Lake Pack.