Chapter 4- haunt the dreams of a certain idiot

I groan and Nick looks at me worriedly. "Are you ok?" he asks and I look at him unimpressed.

"Yes, I'm just cursing my luck" I say calmly and he chuckles.

Should I talk to Sophie's mom right now? The accident was barely two days ago, I'm sure she's hurting but at the same time... if I wait until she recovers and then I bring her daughter I'm just going to make her sad all over again.

Well... Let's think this rationally, Sophie only asked me to tell her mom she loves her and that it wasn't her fault... I can say that in a really generic way, I don't have to be all sentimental about it.

But then it feels wrong. Like I'm not honoring Sophie's memory... this is so complicated.

I take a deep breath in and out, Nick is still looking at me worriedly, but I don't have the strength to deal with him right now. Alright, decided, let's ignore this whole situation and think about it tomorrow. I nod, that's a great plan.

Jos gracefully hands me a plate with a slice of chocolate cake and everything feels better. Sweets are justice.

"Thank you" I say once I take the plate from her hands.

"Anything for my bestie!" she laughs. We're besties now? Well, I suppose it's alright, she's my only living friend, she can be my living bestie.

I finish eating the cake and I turn to look at Jos. I'm ready to leave but she's flirting with Lucas. I hope I don't have to stay the night. I rather be at home with my unpack boxes.

I wait for Jos to noticed me looking at her but it never happens, she's too busy kissing Lucas's neck so I decide to walk home.

"Jos" I talk to her and she stops what she's doing.

"Yes?" she asks me.

"I'm going home, see you later" I say calmly and start walking.

"Wait! Your house is like 1 hour away! Also is getting dark!" Jos says worried and sat me on a chair.

"1 hour?" that's the perfect amount of time to enjoy the calm sound of nature, I'm excited to walk calmly and not think about anything. I want to know how she knows where I live, I never told her but at the same time I don't want to know.

I think Jos doesn't see it the same way I do because she keeps talking "Yes! 1 Hour! Give me just a moment! I'll drive you home!".

I tilt my head, I honestly don't see the problem but I guess my danger radar is broken after so many weird experiences.

"I'll take her home" Nick says and everyone looks at him, they look... surprise?

The middle-aged woman that gave me cake looks at him, now everyone in the kitchen just shut up and stop everything they were doing. They all look like they're... zoning out? Like Lucas and Jos earlier.

"They're talking behind your back again" Blacky informs me and now I know for sure I'm not imagining things. They are talking... but without talking and I thought I was the weird one.

After waiting for some time and no one speaking I decide I'm done waiting. I pull Jos's sleeve breaking the trance she was in.

"Goodbye, see you next Monday. It was tiring but I had fun today" I smile and she looks at me surprise.

I get up and start walking outside, I guess they are all still busy with their meeting because they don't notice I'm leaving. Well, not like I care. I don't know this people and I already told Jos.

Once I'm out I take my cellphone and call my dad.

"Hi Allie!" my dad says happily.

"Hi dad" I reply tired.