Chapter 17 - I told you not to trust him

We finally get inside the building and sit in the table we were before; Lucas looks at us annoyed and Jos takes the next couple minutes to apologize for leaving him alone.

Rose, Jos and Lucas talk and joke around, Jos is happily talking to Rose and even encourage her into talking more with us. I'm surprise, Jos is definitely a nice person, but... why do I have this eerie feeling? As if Jos is planning something.

She looks at Lucas and I know they're mind linking. Lucas nods and they both smirk, they glance my way for just a second and return to the conversation. I squint my eyes and sigh. Why do I feel they're planning something that will become annoying for me?

I notice Wesley looking at our table, he looks pissed. I look at Jos and ask her what's going on with him.

Jos giggles and Lucas replies for her "He's angry because he's hearing Emma and Claire, the Luna of the Silver dagger, talking shit about you, but he can't do anything".

"Tell him it's ok" it really is ok; I don't care what they say. Why should I? they're not even worth worrying about.

Rose looks at us confuse but she doesn't ask. I noticed Jos and Lucas made no attempt to hide anything from Rose... I hope this eerie feeling is just my imagination.

I look at the clock. 1:56 p.m. I smirk. Soon. Soon this place will be a mess. I look around but still no sign of my friend.

"So, Rose" Jos says kindly "Do you like to hang out with us?" why is Jos asking in such an enthusiastic tone? Even I know that's not normal on her.

"Yes!" Rose practically shouts. "I've never felt so..." she smiles shyly "...accepted".

"Good!" Lucas claps "then don't stray from our side today".

I frown, I think I know what they're planning... I sigh defeated, what a pain in the ass.

Rose looks confuse but she doesn't ask anything. She just looks at me and nod. "I'll follow you" she says determined.

Why is she so fixated in following me? "Do whatever you want" I brush her off. I'm not going to think about it.

I keep looking at the clock. 1:57 p.m.

I look at the happy relax faces of some, and the faces of the people mocking me. I smile kindly at them, and they flinch. I sigh.

1:58 pm.

Nick gets up from his seat and starts lightly tapping the wine glass with a spoon.

Everyone looks at him. The music stops, everyone stops talking and sit. His voice booms through the building.

"Everyone. I'm glad to see this scene in my territory. Two allies ready to fight together, but also ready to celebrate together" Nick talks with a solemn and serious voice. "I know the last couple weeks have been hard for both our packs, enemies ready to jump at our throats in our own homes"

1:59 pm.

"I hope this small party helps you all find a sense of comfort, that this day becomes a memory of what we're fighting for, why we're standing together" Nick raises his glass "For the victory and prosperity of our pac-"

2:00 pm. I smirk.

*BOOM*

Nick can't even finish his toast when a loud explosion rings our ears. A scared young man opens the main door of the building and shouts "We're under attack! The Red River pack is attacking us!".

And it's at that moment, that hell breaks loose.

Everyone starts running around, bumping, and clashing against others. I see many of the young parents running to the pack house to find their children and keep them safe.