Chapter 35- The perfect man

Henry's POV (At the time of the meeting)

Why the hell am I here?

I just can't understand. My father always does things like this, apparently random but that always gives him earnings at the end... but this is different, one day he suddenly said 'Time to help an old friend! And this time, Henry, you're coming with me!'.

He seemed so excited; I can't comprehend why. I told my siblings I totally didn't want to go, but they just smiled as if they knew something I don't.

I wonder if it's due to the previous 'trips' they did without father. Every couple hundred years our father leaves on a trip saying 'time to help an old friend', and once Adam was old enough, he took him on one of those trips, then Evelyn... and now it seems it's my turn...

'It's your time, be prepared, Henry, you're going to see things that will make you question everything you know' said Adam.

Evelyn just gave me a knowing smile, and none of them explained just why the fuck our father suddenly wants to go into the eye of the hurricane that is the drama between the Royal Pack and the Blue Lake Pack.

For two days, we drove to a city that no one cares about, only to find an empty house since apparently, the previous owner moved out.

My father didn't seemed bothered at all, at fucking all, he went to the nearby woods, and we somehow ended up following a bunch of wild wolves. The whole thing was so bizarre, but my father refused to provide an explanation. 'Somethings just don't have an explanation' he said in laughter.

He acts like a freaking child!

And now, again, for some reason... crap, it seems I will have to get used to experiencing things just because in here...

Well... for some reason now I'm here, sitting in a meeting room with people I don't even know, with my father teasing the crap out of every single elder of this pack.

I sigh looking at the old hags trying to speak above the other. I roll my eyes; this is so pointless.

Then the door opens, and a young blond girl, Alice, enters. I still don't understand why my father wants to help her so badly, but well... I have nothing better to do, so I may as well humor my father and help her as well.

Hold on... I turn around discreetly.

"...?"

Why did everything turn so quiet? The mess from before completely disappeared, the eyes of everyone in the room stayed fixated on her for a moment but soon they avert their eyes. I know that look, it's a mix of absolute terror and respect, just what the hell did she do to them?

"Over here" the young Alpha waves his hand to catch the girl's attention.

I can see exactly what he wants her to sit on... I honestly thought that chair was just a bad taste joke, but he actually wants her to seat on that... blasphemy of a chair?

I can't be the only one that thinks that thing belongs to a freak show, not even my father has such... extravagant taste.

I glance at all the people I know belong to her group of allies and they look like proud children... I have to look away to avoid the gag reflex.

I'm curious, will she seat on that? I peak and I can see her frozen for a moment, eyeing the chair up and down, then she frowns and starts walking towards the chair, she ends up sitting on that... I shudder, she must really love her friends to accept even touch that crap.

Once she looks comfortable enough, she nods at Alpha Lucas.

This place was a mess before she came, it felt like everyone was desperately trying to get the upper hand, that's why I was expecting this to be a useless joke of a meeting... or at least, I was before the current Alpha, the young man opens his mouth.