01

I refused to be at the rave. Half the people wore short clothes. Short shorts, revealing dresses, and cropped shirts. Half the guys' shirts were off. They mingled with each other, dancing to the loud music played by the DJ. In a corner, there was a bar where many people hung out. I stayed near Kira in a more silent corner, keeping to ourselves, not trying to draw too much attention.

The country I was in was not the ideal place for my first trip out of the states. Mexico. It wasn't a totally bad place. It seemed like a fun country. It was the plan. It was a risky plan. Still, it had to be done and we had to succeed.

I looked around. Guys were staring at me. Lustful eyes admired my looks. I shuddered, looking away. Kira turned towards me.

"Huh... didn't know your eyes could glow purple," she said.

I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, it does."

I looked around. There was a man. He looked at me. I grabbed Kira and walked towards Malia who was dancing.

"Something's happening," I told her.

"I know," she replied.

"What do we do?" Kira asked.

"Blend in!" she said. "Dance with me, dumbass!"

"Oh- "

"Come on!" Malia said to me. "Out of all of us, you should be enjoying this a bit. Go flirt with some guys!"

Malia and Kira always took me to some random place to get my mind off things. I appreciated it, but it was annoying.

"Malia!" I yelled as she pushed me away.

I bumped into someone. I turned around. He didn't look too much older than me and wore an interesting pair of shaded glasses. I chuckled nervously and waved.

"Sorry, I don't speak good Spanish," I said.

He offered me a drink. "Don't worry. I speak your language."

"Good," I smiled. "I was afraid we'd just stand here awkwardly."

He chuckled. "Where you come from?"

"Cali - California," I answered and took a drink from the glass.

"What are you doing all the way here?" he asked. "Surely not for the... " He exhaled. "firecrackers that go off unexpectedly, waking you from your sleep."

"That happens?" I asked.

He smiled. "It does. Wanna dance?"

"Sure," I nodded.

He took my hand and brought me to where more people were dancing. He put my arms around his neck and put his arms around my waist. I looked down, nervous.

I started feeling a bit uneasy. If I was in my senses, I would have stopped him, but I didn't. If anything, I was feeling a bit drowsy. Then I realized he had put something in my drink. I closed my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Okay, how long has it been?" Stiles asked.

Scott opened the cabinet in the animal clinic and took out a cylinder jar.

"Weeks," Scott answered. "He hasn't gotten back to any of my texts."

"Has Derek ever returned your texts?" Stiles questioned.

"Once," Scott said, a bit unsure. "Definitely once... But this time, it felt different. So, I went to the loft. The alarm was on. Everything looked okay. But then, I found these."