44

"We know this looks bad- "

"It doesn't look bad, Lucy, it is bad," Ms. Martin corrected. "You broke into a nursing home, you harassed a dementia patient, and you beat up a nurse. This could affect the rest of your lives. Especially you, Malia. They're talking felony assault."

"I didn't beat him up," Malia defended. "I could have, but I didn't."

"That's an improvement," Lydia said.

Stilinski came out of the room. "By some miracle, the nurse decided to drop the charges. They're free to go."

"Just because you're not going to jail, doesn't mean you're not grounded for an eternity," Ms. Martin said to her daughter.

"And that goes for you, too, Lucy," Harry said to me. "You went too far this time."

:::

I got out of bed, tired from last night's endeavors. We had a new problem thanks to Liam, Mason, and Corey. It was pretty cool that Corey was able to get the ghost rider to be seen. But everyone at that party saw the ghost riders. It became our job to protect them now.

I got ready and packed my books in my bag. In doing so, I accidentally knocked my dagger on the ground between my bedside and bed. I moved my bedside over and kneeled. When I reached down to grab my dagger, I felt something hard. I bent down some more and took out a large box.

I set it on my bed and used my dagger to open the rusted lock. I furrowed my eyebrows, curious. I looked at the new-looking nunchucks and two daggers. In the other part of the box were two sabers strapped in.

"These were Father's sabers? I thought they got lost along with the house... " I muttered. "Wait a second... "

I looked under my bed again, but nothing was there. I looked in my closet, rummaging through clothes, other boxes, and my secret stash of weapons. Then, there I saw it. My flashlight made it glimmer. I kneeled and picked the ring up.

He was in the field. "You lack in control, Alexander," said the tall, strong man. "You cannot lose control. Again... There we go, boy! You need to focus, channel... "

The scene changed to a house. Little me ran down the stairs to my parents. "Mom, Alex broke my bo staff!" the little girl whined.

"Alex, you know what that meant to your sister," the older woman scolded.

"Why is she even being taught?" he asked. "All she can do is feel what other people feel."

"Alex," the older man said in a warning tone.

"We'll get you a new one, darling... "

I was looking into Alex's memories. We were in his bedroom. "Lu, you're bleeding," Alex mentioned worriedly. His fingers touched my ear.

We were in the park, training together. He was teaching me combat, encouraging me. Then, it changed again. I could never see him, but I heard his voice. We were preparing to go somewhere. He came into my room.

"Once Kate's dead, it'll be over, won't it?" he said. "Our past can finally be buried for good."

"Yeah," I smiled. "It's interesting, isn't it? We're right back where we started. We're going to avenge our parents and we'll stop Kate once and for all."