53

We pulled into the school lot near the buses. Scott parked the car and all of us got out as quickly as possible.

"Okay, we should move pretty quickly," said Scott.

"Do we even know what we let out?" asked Malia.

"This Hellhound might be the only one who does," I responded.

From a distance, a roar was heard. Scott ran towards it and we followed. We ended up in the woods and heard a scream. I came to a slow, causing everyone to stop.

"What?"

"He's here," I said in a quiet voice.

As we walked further, we found the Hellhound lying on the ground. He had bloody scratch marks over his chest and a bullet wound in the forehead, his eyes closed.

"I thought you couldn't kill a Hellhound," Lydia stated.

Scott bent down and picked a small object up. It was a bullet and on it was a familiar symbol.

"Argent... "

"Then it's true," Lydia said, looking down.

"Then what's true?" Malia asked, confused. "What else did you hear?"

"The sound of people who have never lifted a hand against another human being."

:::

"In case anyone forgot- "

Malia interrupted. "Uhh... "

"Yeah, I just said forgot," Lydia continued. "We almost lost him last time."

"If this turns out to be something big, and we don't call him... " Malia argued.

"He would kill us," Scott agreed.

"Or maybe we should go back to the woods tonight and find the killer?" Malia suggested.

"Scott?" I looked to him, who was conflicted.

"You guys didn't hear his voice," he responded. "He sounded really excited to be there."

"Um, just play the voicemail," Malia told him.

He took out his phone and played it. "Hey, Scott. So, I'm here - I'm in Quantico, Virginia, at the FBI. I'm at the fricking FBI! It's real. I'm really here.

"Uh, I kinda told Lydia that I miss her, and I can't wait to get home, but listen, Scott. Whatever you're doing right now, just make sure you're still getting out of Beacon Hills. I mean, maybe you think you can't leave, you know, like the whole thing falls apart if you're not there, which, I get... But you have to. I know you're supposed to drive out tonight, so, if you don't call me back, just promise me you're actually going. Just get in the jeep and go."

"Yeah, we're not asking him to come back... "

:::

"We can still catch him," Malia assured Scott.

We were in the woods, trying to search for the killer. They couldn't have gotten too far so we suspected they had got to be in the woods. We followed the tracks, but that had soon led us nowhere.

"Catch who?" he asked.

"The killer," Malia reminded him. "What were you thinking about?"

Scott held the bullet casing and said, "Getting the bullet to Argent."

"Even if he's the one who fired it?" Malia questioned.

"Especially if he's the one," he said.

"But it's not," I told them all. "He changed the code. He'd never turn back on Allison, even though she's gone."