13

"Well, the good news is her ears weren't severely damaged," Deaton told me through his thoughts, then relayed it to Scott and Alex. "You won't hear for a couple of days. A week at most. Lucky you can heal, otherwise, I'm not so sure."

Alex said some words, Deaton nodded. I tried reading their lips, but it was difficult to understand. I only knew what they were feeling. Concerned, afraid for me, and apologetic.

"Does Olivia know?" I asked, looking to Alex.

Alex nodded and I let out a sigh, looking down. I always had my hearing to help me in situations. Without it, I wasn't sure I could fight or even go to school. Then again, I wasn't sure they'd open the school for a while since the possible disease and since the guy who infected us in the first place was now dead.

"Hey," Scott thought, taking my hand. "You're gonna be fine. You'll get your hearing back in no time."

I nodded. "I hope."

"Lucy," Deaton spoke to me. "How exactly were you affected?"

"Uh, it was like my power was heightened," I explained. "I kept hearing voices, emotions, and then I started to hear a ringing in my ear, which was actually a scream. Like a banshee."

"I think you are going to be one of the strongest spirit fairies there are," Deaton said with a small smile.

"So how am I supposed to live now?" I asked. "I mean, if I'm in conversation with someone, they have to sort of think first, make eye contact."

"I think you don't have to," Deaton said. "You heard every thought from meters away. If you just focus on one mind, you could potentially hear one person without making eye contact. You only learned the basics - the beginning of what you can do. Even though you still have a lot to learn, I trust that you will thrive just as you have been."

"Would you teach me?" I asked. "And Alex?"

"Alex has just about his powers under control," Deaton said. "But you, we'll have to see. For now, go home."

He said something that I guessed was "All of you" to Alex and Scott. Alex and I left. It was a silent ride. Alex worried about me. I put my hand on his that rested on the gearshift to assure him and to calm his nerves.

We got home. As we got out, Olivia had come running out of the house. She said something, relieved, and hugged me tightly. She pulled away and said something, but I didn't understand.

Alex had explained to her. Olivia's expression grew sad, then she hugged me again.

"It's gonna be okay," she said to me.

"I know."

:::

A couple of days went by. I hadn't seen Malia since the vault. I was sure she wasn't taking her family tree very well. Not only was she the daughter of a homicidal murderer, but we lied to her about it. Well, we withheld the truth.

Scott and Stiles were trying to figure out a way to find the Benefactor. I learned they were keeping the leftover money of the Hale's under Scott's bed. They had to decide what to do with that before anyone found it. Lydia was doing something. I think she was still coping with Meredith's death.

Alex spent his time trying to graduate school, but he was also with Argent, thinking of plans about Kate. Alex still loved her. I missed her. She would have definitely helped us in these times.

I missed Issac. We always had this bond. I knew it since the first time we met. I was bound to bump into him again and I did. Long-distance was hard for us when we both needed each other. Alex said he would have come back, but things in France were great and there were other werewolves in need of help. Even though he was far away, he was still part of Scott's pack and I could still feel his light, telling me he was doing good physically.