33

"Who found 'em?" Stiles asked in a quiet voice after seeing one medic moving a dead body in a black bag on a gurney.

"Argent," Olivia replied. "And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory," I informed.

Stiles looked at his father. "It's a slightly terrifying theory."

"Well, the M.E said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels," Stilinski told us.

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Scott proposed.

"Why would they do that?" Kira questioned.

"Maybe they're covering for it," Stiles suggested. "Protecting it like a parent would."

"Protecting what?" Stilinski asked, confused and slightly afraid.

I glanced at Scott and we looked back at Stilinski and Olivia, both of who were overwhelmed.

"A werewolf," Scott answered.

"It's called the Beast," I said.

"We know. Horrifying," Stiles commented.

Stilinski sighed and said, "We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish... Because it looks like his dream is coming true."

:::

"Hey," Scott spoke as we walked towards the doors of the school. "Should we talk?"

"About what?" I asked, not meeting his eyes.

"Theo? And Kate?" he said. "I just... You know it's not your fault that you couldn't sense who he was, right?"

"I know," I responded. "I can still hate myself for it though. The first boy that I find attractive after Issac, I mean, he had to be the bad boy, huh?"

"He fooled all of us," Scott said in a sad tone.

"Yeah, well, that's what makes it worse," I said, glancing at him. "Because I honestly felt like what he was feeling about me was genuine. I did have genuine moments with him.

"And Kate? I'm never going to forgive her for killing my parents. I won't ever forgive her for making me survive on my own until Olivia found me."

"I get that," Scott nodded. "I do. Because I don't forgive Gerard and I don't think I'm ever going to forgive Peter, too. But killing them?"

"Is something you can't do," I finished. "I know you, Scott. And I admire that you have so much goodness in your heart. I'm not going to kill Kate, but if it's just me and her against something bigger, I'm not saving her."

The principal on the P.A system spoke, cutting off our conversation. "By order of the sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day."

As Scott and I walked down the halls and rounded the corner, we saw two officers carrying two large shotguns. I stared as they walked past. They may not have looked it, but they were afraid and confused.

Everyone in Beacon Hills knew there was something going on - something far more sinister than they could imagine. I mean, the silence in the halls grew and the school smelled of fear and confusion.

"You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" Stiles asked Deputy Strauss.

He seemed to have agreed with Stiles. "Your dad's the one that issued us these things... " he responded. "and he wouldn't officially say why."