19

Senior year had come in a flash. Alex had graduated school (somehow) and got accepted into the many good colleges. To name one: the University of Cambridge. I knew that they accepted him to play rugby there, which was basically like American football. I was jealous when he got the acceptance letter. Surrounded by people with British accents.

Unfortunately, Alex didn't leave for college after high school. A week after school ended, he contacted Argent and was told of their location. Alex left home to assist the Calaveras track down Kate, leaving the house to just me and Olivia.

The summer was quite dull. Kira went to New York for the break and Malia did summer school. Sometimes Lydia and I shopped together on the weekends. Stiles and I had a Star Wars and Harry Potter marathon, too.

The highlights of my summer were exploring my powers with Deaton. We found the extent of my healing abilities and honed my mind and emotion reader. Also one of my highlights was having to calm Liam down on the full moon. He had run around town naked. He didn't exactly have total control over himself yet.

The day before the senior year would start, I had waited at the house, looking at colleges. I had an idea of what I wanted to pursue. I kind of wanted to try majoring in art. There was the Academy of Art in San Francisco and Kira was going to SFU. There was also an arts program at UCLA.

But, on the other hand, I also thought about studying forensics to become a CSI. I could also be a part-time sketch artist. There were a lot of schools in California to study at. Stiles hoped we would all stay near each other after high school. I kind of hoped so, too.

There was a bad lightning storm out. Living with Alex, I got used to hearing thunder and seeing lightning. This lightning storm, however, wasn't normal. There was this eeriness to it. I was surprised our house still had power.

A car honked. I jumped for I had been sitting in silence. I looked out my window and saw Stiles's jeep. I grabbed my belongings and went downstairs to greet them.

"Did you know a bolt of lightning almost hit us?" said Stiles as I got into the back, greeting Liam. "It was literally a few feet away from us. Okay, we could have died. Can't Alex do something?"

"One: his powers don't work like that and two: we can't mess with mother nature running its course," I told him.

"But you feel something, don't you?" asked Scott.

"I don't know," I answered, looking at the sky. "Something about this one doesn't feel right."

We arrived at Beacon Memorial where Malia was. There had been a tree on the street. Stiles pulled up and stopped. Malia headed over, greeting Stiles with a kiss.

"You boys do remember I own a gun, right?" Mr. Tate said.

"Vividly," Stiles responded.

Malia got into the back, sitting beside me. Before going, we all looked at her expectantly.

"What?"

"Did you find out yet?" Stiles asked her.

"Find out what?" asked Liam.

"They're gonna email me," Malia answered.

"Is this about summer school?" Liam questioned.

"You told him?" She looked at Stiles and Scott, then me.

"Hey, I'm not a part of this," I told her.

"All they said was you had to go to summer school cause the principal said your test scores weren't good enough and you might have to repeat junior year," Liam said casually.