03

As soon as we got service, Scott called Deaton for help. Entering Beacon Hills, it started to pour rain heavily. We had dropped Kira and Malia off at their homes first. Once we got to the animal clinic, we moved as if there was a limited edition item that was on sale. Lydia and I got out of the car, heading inside. Scott and Stiles grabbed Derek.

Deaton cleared off the table, pushing everything off of it. Scott set him onto the table and we helped lay him down. Deaton stared at him in shock. "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow, as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? Cause that's kinda what we're hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton said.

I touched Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold."

Deaton grabbed his hand to feel it. He grabbed a light and started shining it into his eyes.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate," he replied. "This is well beyond my experience."

"Wait," Lydia said. "Lucy, there are fairies who can manipulate time and space, right?"

"A fairy wouldn't do this," I told her. "I mean, it's rare for anyone to see ethereal fairies. They're usually hidden since their magic is so powerful. It'd be hard to find them."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked Deaton.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much," Deaton answered. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" I spoke, looking up at him.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Deaton said.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia wondered aloud.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her," he responded.

"And bad for everyone else," Stiles added.

"You guys should probably go home," Deaton advised. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you," Scott said.

"I'll stay," Lydia volunteered. "My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes."

"I'm so not okay with this," Stiles voiced.

"Guys, go," she said firmly.

"No."

"Text us if anything happens," Scott told her.

"Nope, still not okay with it. Not going anywhere," Stiles said. Scott started to drag him out and I followed. "Okay, just because you're stronger."

"We're gonna find out what Kate's planning," Scott assured as we arrived at my house.

"Yeah, of course," I responded, not convinced.

I entered the house, closing the door behind me quietly. I slipped my shoes off and slowly inched my way towards my room. I reached my door and opened it. Once I did, the lamp turned on and I sighed defeatedly.

"It's almost one," Olivia said. "Where the hell have you been? I expected you earlier."

"Sorry," I apologized, setting my things down. "We were hanging out after we came back and we weren't watching the time."