64

We followed Peter towards our destination. Once we got there, Peter and Theo caught a scent (though it took a while because of the rain), leaving Lydia and me to catch up to them. We saw them in the other parking lot, Scott battling Deucalion. Scott was helping him up as Lydia called out to him.

"None of us are going to survive this!"

"What? Why?" he asked quickly. "What are you guys doing here?"

"They're coming," Peter informed. "Monroe and more and they have heavy firepower."

Suddenly, shots were being fired rapidly. We all ducked down for cover. Then, a body fell. I looked back as Deucalion's body fell face-first to the ground. I stared at his body in shock that he was gone. Deucalion wasn't someone who would have died by a firing squad. He was someone who would go down fighting.

I looked ahead to see a wall of hunters in front of us. Behind them was Monroe with a dangerous glint in her eyes. Then, they fired at us again. We ran out of the way, behind the cement pillars, and they advanced.

I crouched down, covering my ears. The hate from Monroe surpassed any other emotion of fear and anger. She wanted every one of us dead for being able to do what we could do. What people didn't understand, they feared. They hide behind their guns which make them feel powerful.

"Lucy!" Theo quickly ran towards me. "Lucy, you've got to focus, okay? Calm these hunters down."

"It's too much," I told him. "Too much hate and anger. I need to be calm and I am anything but that right now."

"Focus on me," he said, cupping my face in his hand. "Look at me and breathe."

"This is a really bad time, but- " I leaned towards him and placed my lips on his. I calmed and focused to spread the emotions I was having - calm, safe, and comforted.

After a minute, I pulled away. I looked around to see that the gunfire died down, most people were confused as to what they were doing and why. Peter looked at us, then took the chance to fight. Along with him was his nephew, who I never thought I'd see again. It had been a year. Theo got up, eyes glowing and claws out. I pulled him back saying, "No, stop! He's on our side - Derek Hale." He had turned facing our way, his eyes a bright blue, and he let out another roar.

Once there were no more gunshots, Theo and I got up. We saw the last of the hunters hop into the vehicles and drive away. I saw Monroe getting into her car. I was about to run after it, but stopped after Theo grabbed my arm, saying it was too late by his expression.

"Gerard," Deucalion spoke in a weak voice. "What he f-f-fears most. He can't... beat you... And he knows it." His heart finally stopped and the smile etched upon his face was still present even after.

"It's really started, hasn't it?" Malia spoke.

Stiles frowned, not knowing what she's talking about. "What's started?" he asked.

Scott stood to his feet. "It's an all-out war." Once Scott fully turned, he saw Derek. He walked up to him, embracing him in a hug.

Peter moved awkwardly, then said, "As much as I enjoy the impromptu family reunion, what are you doing here?" he asked Derek.

Once Scott and Derek broke apart, he began to explain, "I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil. There were two words written in blood on the wall - Beacon Hills."

Scott glanced backward at Deucalion's body for a moment before turning back to Derek with a surprised look on his face. "You came back for Beacon Hills?"

"No," he said. "I came back for you."

"'Blood and destruction,'" said the voice of Gerard. I looked at Stiles, half with relief and half with worry. Relieved that he was here, worried because that sound was coming from his police radio inside his jeep. We headed for it and Stiles opened the door to get in as we gathered around to listen.