27

From school, Lydia and I went home. Scott and Malia tried searching for them. After I finished my shower, Olivia had called me. Kira had been taken to the station. Though I persisted to see her, Olivia made me stay at home. I couldn't disobey her more than I already had so I stayed, waiting to hear from Scott or Malia.

I sat up, shaking. I was breathing heavily and I looked around. I sighed, glad it was over - the fire, the screams - all of it. My phone beeped. I opened my messages and my eyes widened when I realized the time they were sent at.

Scott and Malia found nothing. I was supposed to meet everyone at Scott's an hour ago to figure something out. I got ready quickly and headed out. When I entered the house, Stiles, Malia, and Theo were already there.

"You're late," Malia stated.

"Bad dream," I said, looking around. "Where is everyone else? Lydia?"

"Guys!" Lydia called from upstairs.

We rushed up the stairs and into the room. Lydia and Mason were staring at Corey as Scott had plunged his nails into him.

"Don't get too close," Lydia advised.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked, walking further in.

"Tapping into Corey's memories," Lydia explained. "It's something usually only Alpha's do?"

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?" Theo questioned.

"Probably more," Stiles said.

"Do any of us know if it's working?" Mason asked.

"Let's find out- "

"Lucy," Lydia warned and I stepped back.

A minute later, Scott pulled away and fell on the table, breathing heavily.

"What the hell did you do to me?" asked Corey.

"You'll be all right," Scott told him.

"There's blood," he said.

"You'll heal," Scott assured.

"Scott- "

"He'll be fine," he raised his voice. "Listen, I think it worked. I saw something." I grabbed a notebook and pencil to sketch what he had seen. "There were tunnels, pipes along the walls... There were these huge blue pipes at the entrance, two on both sides."

"Wait a second," said Stiles, hovering over my shoulder to look at the sketch. "I know this. I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember? My dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?"

"It's the water treatment plant," Lydia said after looking at it.

"That's where they are," Scott said. "That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden."

Scott darted out of the room with Mason who offered to go, too. I heaved a sigh and we followed him, wanting to prevent him from doing something stupid.

"Scott," I called, following him. "Scott, slow down. Just think for a second, okay? Mason shouldn't be going."

"Liam's my best friend," Mason argued. "I'm going."