11

"I saw Kate," Alex said. "That's why I wasn't answering. We were going after her. She had Violet."

"Hold on. You saw Kate?" I questioned. "You should have ended there. Kate. Did you... "

"I couldn't even give her a scratch," Alex said sadly. "I want her dead. I want to avenge everyone she killed. I- "

I put a hand on his shoulder. "We are going to find her again. But what about Argent? It's his sister."

"Well, if she is going to kill us, he'll kill her, too," Alex said. "Who cares who does it. I just want her dead."

"Watch what you say, kids." Olivia had come inside. "When you kill someone, it doesn't just go away, it sticks with you."

"Even if the person is a killer?" Alex questioned.

"Even if they're a killer," she said. "And it doesn't matter whether it's intentional or accidental."

"You had to kill people?" I spoke.

Olivia nodded. "Part of being a cop. We can find Kate and take her to jail."

"Except she doesn't have full control on full moons and if she's away from it long enough, the next time she is under its influence, people will die," I said.

"Not to mention everyone saw her dead," Alex added. "We have to kill her. This time, she stays dead."

"We have other things to worry about such as the Deadpool," I reminded him. "Lydia and Stiles said they cracked the last third of the list. We have to deal with the Benefactor. Kate won't come after us yet."

"Are you forgetting something else?" Olivia asked.

We shook our heads.

"Lucy, you have PSAT testing tomorrow!" Olivia reminded in a scolding tone. "Get your ass to bed, both of you!"

"Kate's alive... " I muttered.

"What was that?"

I looked at Kira and sighed. "With the Deadpool, and the Orphans, Scott's beta, I sort of forgot about Kate. She has a plan. She is planning."

"I don't think you're too worried about her though," Kira trailed off.

"I'm worried about my brother," I said. "What if he dies going after her or- "

"Why don't we focus on PSATs," Scott interjected, joining us in the line with Stiles and Malia. "Did any of you study?"

"That's funny," I chuckled. "You think we have time to study."

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked.

"She took it her freshman year," Stiles answered.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asked.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us," I told her.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good," she remarked.

"Well," Stiles said.

"Well, what?"

"It's 'do well,'" he corrected. "Not 'do good.'"

Malia rolled her eyes. "Oh, God!"

"Okay, okay!" Scott said, calming the atmosphere. "We're doing this because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."