32

"What is that?"

"It looks like Latin," I said. "If only Lydia was with us."

Scott pulled out his phone and held it up. "Hold up that light... "

I turned around sensing a presence. Before I could do anything, however, they nicked me and I fell to the ground. A second later, Stiles fell beside me.

I looked at Tracy as she attacked Scott. I had so many questions like how the hell she was still alive. She hissed and snarled as she lunged for Scott and he dodged.

"Scott, behind you," Stiles warned.

It was Josh and he was emitting purplish-blue sparks from his hands, heading toward Scott. Scott moved and deflected both of their attacks. He grabbed Tracy's wrist and plunged it into Josh's chest, causing Josh to be paralyzed by her venom and Tracy to be incapacitated by Josh's electricity.

"Sucks, doesn't it?" Stiles said to Josh.

I sensed other presences. One had fear written all over them and another was amused and intrigued. Scott sensed it, too, and after a moment, Corey appeared, seeming to have camouflaged himself.

"Okay!" Theo came into the tunnel. "Maybe they're not ready to take on an Alpha." He looked at Corey, unimpressed. "Especially one that can smell fear."

Corey looked at him and defended himself. "He's got fangs!"

"What did you do?" Scott asked.

"I found some new friends," he replied.

"You know Theo's the one that killed you," I reminded Josh as Tracy and Corey helped him up.

"Hey, Theo," Stiles greeted sarcastically.

"Stiles," he responded, looking down. "Lucy... " Then, he stomped his foot on the ground, crushing the message. "You're going to leave here thinking that you need to worry about me. But you're wrong. Because that thing? That's what we need to worry about. Your pack and mine.

"We're gonna go back to school and pretend like we're normal teenagers, but at night, we're going to be fighting for our lives."

"What is it?" I asked him.

"It's not a chimera," he replied.

"But it's just a kid underneath," Scott said. "Someone like us."

Theo shook his head slightly. "Not anymore."

As Theo and his "pack" left, Stiles looked at me and said, "This is why you always. Always- "

"Save it," I told him, annoyed. "You aren't my... brother."

Soon enough, I was free from the venom and sat up. Scott and I helped Stiles sit up and he leaned against the wall.

"He knew what it meant and I can't remember the words," Scott breathed out.

"Damnatio memoriae," I told him.

"What does it mean?" Scott asked and I shrugged.

"It means 'condemnation of memory,'" Stiles informed and let out a sigh, which didn't make me feel any good. "I think it also means that whatever the Dread Doctors created, whatever this last chimera really is? It's not something new. It's something old - really old."

"So, they didn't create a new creature... "

Stiles nodded. "They resurrected one."