28

"Here's the homework you missed," said Lydia, placing down the books. "You're going to have to go to school... "

"Or at least have a decent meal," Stiles said. "Get some sun."

Stiles sighed, then said, "Tomorrow morning, same time. If you want to come, come."

It had been a couple of days since I found out. When Olivia was told, she was at the station. I heard she had broken down into tears.

The full story: Alex went away with some of the Calaveras in a different part of the area. They never came back after a few weeks and when they went to find them, they were all gone. The only thing that was left of them was Alex's ring. They believed them all to be missing or dead.

Ever since I found out, Lydia and Stiles would come by before heading out to look for the nemeton. As far as I knew, no one had told Parrish about him being the one stealing the bodies.

Theo also came by after school ended to give me updates. No more chimeras and no Dread Doctors were seen. We didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

The next day, I decided to join Stiles and Lydia. One: I had been to it before. Two: I did need to get some fresh air and sun. And three: I needed to get into a good college.

I changed into black jeans, a grey crop top, and a leather jacket. I put on makeup to hide my pale face and dark circles. As I heard the front door open, I grabbed my last few things and went downstairs.

"Let's go then," I said, walking past Stiles.

"Great," he responded, putting the spare key back in its place.

Hours went by. We went place to place in Lydia's car. Then, we had to walk the trails to find it. There was no luck. The only way we found the last one was thanks to Allison's father's transmitter and Issac's hearing.

"It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found," Stiles said, defeated.

"Maybe it knows we're late for class," Lydia replied. "Because we've been here twice."

"Crap... " Stiles had looked at the white markings.

"Can we talk to Parrish now?" Lydia asked.

"If the nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" I questioned.

"Me?"

"Yes, you," I told her. "That's what you do. You're the banshee. You find the bodies."

"Well, the banshee's having an off-day, so how about we talk to Parrish?" Lydia remarked.

"We can't," Stiles said.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Because one of the bodies... One of them could be... "

"Could be what?" Lydia inquired.

"One of them could be a clue," he finished. It wasn't a clue. He was thinking about Donovan.

"I'm leaving now, Stiles," Lydia said, walking away. "I'm going to talk to Parrish and tell him he's the one taking the bodies. It's always better when they know."