29

We found Corey outside where the ambulance vehicles were. He was sitting on the ground against the vehicle, mercury everywhere. I reached up to feel his pulse, but Theo stopped me and shook his head.

"We better go."

"We have to find Hayden," Scott said.

We parted ways after that. I stayed at the school. Scott went to find Liam and Hayden. Stiles had texted us. There was another dead chimera. In no time, the police had come.

"Hey," Olivia called after spotting us. "Where's Scott?"

"He's looking for Liam," Theo said. "He thinks he's with Hayden."

"I need a word with you," Stilinski said, taking Theo. "Just you."

I looked at Olivia, questionably.

"He found something," she explained. "The last Donovan was heard of, he was at the school in the library. And so was Theo and Stiles... and you. We know he was a chimera and he's dead. So, you wanna tell me what went down?"

"Donovan was gonna break into my room earlier that same night," I explained once we were in a place with no one around. "I don't know what made him go away, but he did. I felt all his anger towards Stilinski and he headed for the school and I thought Stiles must have still been at the library. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down."

"Where was Theo?" she asked.

"I didn't see him," I said. "But he saw us. He saw Donovan. He was gonna kill Stiles. And when he was dead, Stiles was in shock and he was scared. We called the police from the phone and waited, but the body was gone."

"You could have said something," she told me. "You know you can tell me anything."

"I know," I nodded. "But Stiles was scared and asked me not to say anything and I didn't. Stiles is my friend. And after the Dread Doctors killed Lucas, I knew Donovan could have been killed either way. And then when we heard someone took Tracy's body, I knew someone was going to take Donovan's."

"Parrish... " Olivia muttered. "Okay."

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

She sighed and hugged me. "Just help your friends, okay?"

:::

Theo called me when the night had come. They had found Liam and Hayden and brought them to the animal clinic. When I got there, Hayden was injured.

"Can you heal her?" Liam asked.

"I don't know," I said, taking her hand. "My powers aren't very useful anymore... I don't think they ever were."

"You got the wolfsbane poison out of me before," Liam said. "You can do this."

"I'm not the same anymore, Liam," I told him. "I feel weaker and I just... I can try."

The door opened. Scott came inside.

"She's getting worse," Liam said. "I think she's dying."

"It's got to be some kind of mercury poison," Theo figured.

"Scott, remember what you promised me," Liam said. "Lucy might not be able to save her. You said you'd do everything you could. If she's a real werewolf, we can save her. You gotta give her the bite."

"No."

Liam stood up. "What do you mean, 'no,'" Liam questioned.

"Liam, look at her," he said. "She's too weak. It will kill her."