35

The plan was in action. Kira, Malia, and I walked inside with a group of visitors. As we walked inside the building, we walked away from the group, hiding behind a pillar. Outside, Parrish was supposed to be bringing Stiles, Scott, and Liam. I was glad I was not part of that.

We waited. Then, a boy walked by. I guessed he was Malia's guy on the inside. He ran past, Schrader running after him. As we ran towards the electrical room, we heard the kid groaning as he was tased.

"Go," I whispered in a rushed voice. "Quick."

"We're in," Kira exclaimed. "We did it."

"Don't get too excited," Malia said, checking her phone. "Getting out is the hard part. Twelve minutes."

Malia walked towards the box and pried the door open. There were many smaller wires. Kira took out the paper describing the wires.

"I think it's these," she said. "But it's covered in wire."

Malia came back with scissors in her hands. I grabbed her hand before she got too close. She looked at me, confused.

"Want to electrocute yourself?"

"I'll heal," she countered.

"Not if you die," I said, taking the scissors.

Malia took her claws out. She clawed at the rubber, but then sparks flew out. She backed away and held up her hands which were steaming.

"I didn't die," she said, then took out her phone. "Four minutes."

"I can sense how nervous you are," I told Kira after a minute of her standing went by.

"Not helping," Kira stated.

I sighed, walking in front of her so I was in her vision. "You can do this. It's like we practiced."

"You mean like when I caused a major blackout?" Kira said.

"Not like that," I responded.

"Ten seconds," Malia alerted. "Nine... eight... "

"Please, stop counting," Kira told her and she put her hands on the wire.

"Why isn't it working?" Malia asked.

"Because I have no idea what I'm doing," she replied and exhaled deeply, still nervous and afraid.

"Kira, nothing's happening," Malia spoke.

"I'm aware of that," she said. "I don't want to lose control because I'm scared I might fry the entire system."

"Stop worrying what you might do," Malia told her. "This isn't about you or me or Lucy. It's about Lydia. We're here to save Lydia. We're here to save our friend."

"Kira, remember what I've told you? A fairy's power is based on emotion. Our powers can get out of hand when we're scared, angry, and sometimes excited. Just calm down."

"How do you do that?" Kira asked, worriedly.

"I think of my friends," I responded with a smile. "And how I want to protect them. Just breathe."

She exhaled and touched the wires. Electricity crackled and the lights started to flicker.

"Kira, it's working," Malia told her, proud. "Keep going."

The computer then started beeping. I walked over and it informed us that the reboot was happening. We had five minutes to get Lydia and ourselves out safely.

We waited anxiously for a signal to leave. Schrader had walked past the door to the room on his way to the front desk. I opened the door a crack, peeking out toward the front entrance. We saw two guards with serious expressions walking into the building with taser wands out.