50

"Where did you get all this ice?" Scott asked as he came in.

"Grocery store," I said. "Where else?"

"Think this will hold them off?" Malia asked, looking at the entrances of the Hale Vault.

"Probably not," Scott said.

"Definitely not," said Lydia.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" asked Malia.

"No," I said, dropping the empty bag. "I just need enough time to do this."

"What exactly are you doing?" Malia asked, looking into the tub.

"We did this on Issac," I explained. "His heart rate cooled down enough to put him in a trance-like state."

"Hypnosis," Scott stated.

"Hypnotic regression," I said. "Lydia will be on the lookout for ghost riders. You and Scott are going in. I need enough time to tap into your memories."

"How will you do that when you can barely remember him?" Malia asked.

"This." I held up a wrench. She looked at me doubtfully. I shrugged and said, "It was in the jeep. It called to me. This is going to work. It's like when we needed to remember the nemeton. Your memories must all be there, you just need to awaken them. I can help you do that. I need to break the spell."

"You can?" Malia questioned.

"Despite the obvious lack of faith, yes, I can," I said. "That fairy told me to trust myself, I'm trusting that I can do this."

"How long did that take?"

"Probably best you don't know," Lydia said.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think you can do this?" Malia asked.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us."

:::

"This can't be only me," I told Scott as he took his shirt off. "Just relax in there."

"Okay," he said with a shaky breath as he stepped in.

"If this doesn't work... "

"It's going to work," Scott said.

"I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing," I told him. "Because I am just going out on a whim here."

"I'm saying that because I believe in you," he said sincerely.

"Close your eyes," I told him.

He began to sit down, but halfway, he stopped. I looked behind me and Lydia and Malia were unmoving, too. I felt a presence behind me and I turned around. The same lady I had seen in the library appeared with a smile.

"Are you here to tell me I'm doing this right?" I asked her.

"I came to grant a wish," she replied. I raised my eyebrows. "Guidance."

Beside her, another woman appeared. Her brunette hair fell past her elbows and she wore a red dress and a beautiful golden headpiece. She gave a kind smile. I walked towards her and reached for her hand. I let out a small laugh, able to touch her.

"Mom!"

"Lucy," she smiled, returning the hug.

"How- "

"By changing reality, even for just a bit," the woman said. "I see your desperation to save not only your friends but your entire town and everyone in it. But we do have limited time. This reality is not permanent."