14

I woke up in a bed. I looked around. I was in my room. It was still dark outside. My clock read the same date though it was almost midnight. I heard faint voices from outside the door. One of them sounded like Deaton.

"Wait. I can hear."

The door opened wide. Deaton, Olivia, and Alex walked inside, talking.

"So what happened?" Alex asked.

I smiled and jumped out of bed. I hugged Alex, then Olivia, then looked at Deaton and smiled in thanks.

"I can hear," I told them.

"That's good news," Deaton smiled.

"But, uh, what happened?" I asked. "I just heard a scream and I blacked out. Kate." I looked at Alex. "What happened with Kate?"

"She called it off," Alex answered.

"No, no," I muttered.

"What is it?" Olivia asked.

"She wasn't there to take his body," I explained. "She was there for something else. For someone else."

"What do you mean?" Deaton asked.

"I mean she's working with someone."

:::

Kira was gone. She went with her mom to a different hospital in Palo Alto. Her mother was injured by one of Kate's beserkers. I had seen her off with Scott. I was sorry I couldn't have been there before her mother was shipped off by helicopter. I could have healed her.

Malia had seen Stiles. She blamed herself for her parents death. Not only that, but she had also found a bit more about her biological mother. She went by the name the Desert Wolf - coyote.

Lydia had also found something while we had been at the hospital. She had been at the lake house and got answers with the help of her mother. The whole building had been made of mountain ash.

Scott believed the Benefactor was a banshee. It made sense. Who can know someone's dead without actually seeing it. Since Lydia had found her grandmother's ashes were not ashes at all, she believed she could have been alive.

Alex and I had met with Argent the next day. We were discussing, thinking about Kate's plan. I knew Kate hated us and wanted to kill us, but she didn't want to take the body. She wanted something like confirmation. I was thinking maybe she was working with the Benefactor. It was a long stretch, but possible.

Alex and I came home the same night, defeated. Kate most likely had moved hideouts. Argent tried tracking her, but was unsuccessful. I wasn't sure what was more important. Kate or the Benefactor.

So, Alex was going to continue working with Argent and I was going to help get the Benefactor. I was more helpful there anyways. Besides, Alex still had to graduate from high school and I had at least ten absences from school and didn't show up to all of my classes since the Benefactor took up a lot of time.

Honestly, Stilinski should just make us private investigators or something because we've solved many of their cases and could solve more, supernatural or not.

As I was getting ready for bed, something didn't sit right with me. I could feel it - greed and hunger. It honestly scared me because I knew what those could do to a person.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked as I creeped out of my room.

"Something doesn't feel right with me," I told him. "You know how Lydia senses when someone is going to die?" He nodded. "Well, I sense that someone is going to commit murder."