18

"Neither of you are going to Mexico!"

"Liv, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico," I argued. "I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

"Even if Deaton is right about this," Stilinski said, leaning against his desk. "The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels- "

"Dad- "

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points," he finished.

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay?" Stiles told him. "Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! We're going."

"I can keep you from going," Olivia said.

"I'd find a way," I said.

"I can throw you in a cell," she said, raising her voice.

"Still find a way," I said, glancing at Stiles. "You had never stopped me before because you said you admired what we fought for. I'm fighting for Scott and Kira."

"Please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye," Stilinski pleaded. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book four flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"

"Okay," Stiles nodded. "Okay, great. Do I get a gun?"

Stilinski shook his head. "No."

:::

"Try this," I told Malia, giving her the shirt to smell, hoping she'd catch a scent.

"Fabric softener."

Stiles came out from the bathroom and went into the dirty laundry basket. He took out underwear.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line," Stiles told her.

Malia turned around. She grabbed the pillow and sniffed it.

"Yeah, that works, too."

We went downstairs. In the dining room was Liam. He stood up straighter upon seeing us. He wanted to help.

"Liam, go home," Stiles told him. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because it's a full moon and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out," Stiles told him.

"You can lock me up, right?" Liam asked. "Chain me down to the backseat or something?"

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" I reminded.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there," Stiles said.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" he asked.

"Seriously? You haven't seen it, either?" Stiles questioned, ashamed by him.

"Wait! What if we put me in the trunk?" he suggested.

"You'd get out of that, too," Malia said.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this," I told him. "It's risky. You could die."