30

I could tell it had become night when the house darkened. I wasn't sure when Olivia was going to be home. I had no contact with anyone. My phone was upstairs and the nearest wired one was in the kitchen.

My arm hurt like hell - my whole body did. I could have been able to move after a shot or two, but I lost too much blood already.

I wasn't healing like I used to. Maybe I couldn't have healed my bullet wounds because they were still in me, burning my insides, but my healing could have mended my broken arm, but it wasn't healing.

I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know what else Theo had planned. It seemed like he had everything in place. The last I heard, Lydia was with Parrish, looking for the nemeton. Stiles was either at home, the hospital, or the sheriff's station. I didn't know where Scott was either. Liam was at the hospital with Hayden and most likely Ms. McCall.

I concluded that I wasn't going to heal myself. My new priority was to stay awake. My second priority was getting to the kitchen. Then, I could call an ambulance and get myself to the hospital. I needed to stay alive. As the last one of my family, and as Olivia's only family, I had to stay alive.

Whether or not I should tell them it was Theo, I wasn't sure. They'd have to ask me a motive and his motive wasn't clear to me yet. Plus, there was a whole world of fairies, Dread Doctors, and chimeras I'd probably have to explain to make everything make sense.

But after a while, I felt one's life starting to fade. And then, a part inside of me broke. Someone had died. Someone close to me. Then, after a while, I felt it spark up and a wave of relief washed over me.

It felt like hours. And finally, I heard the door open. There was a horrified scream. I looked towards the door and Olivia came inside, rushing to kneel beside me. Then, she saw her gun.

"It's not as bad as it looks," I assured, though it was worse than what it looked like.

"How long have you been like this?" she asked. "Who did it? Why aren't you healing?"

"I don't know... Liv, you need - you need to call an a-ambulance," I told her weakly. "You find Scott. He might be in trouble."

Olivia used her walkie and contacted the station to send an ambulance to our home.

"Liv, you need to go," I told her. "It's a - a supermoon. The werewolves are more deadly... "

"I can't leave," she said, keeping pressure on one of my wounds.

"You have to," I said. "If Scott dies, I don't know how - how we're gonna get through this. We have to get through this."

"I'm sorry, but I'm staying," Olivia said, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "I'm not losing another one of my children."

In five minutes, an ambulance came. I was put onto the gurney and Olivia hopped in, too. They put a temporary sling on my arm and put pressure against my wounds to reduce the bleeding.

"She'll need to have immediate surgery," said the medic. "Can we get her information?"

"Lucy Moore," Olivia replied. "She's seventeen, a senior at Beacon Hills High School. I'm her guardian."

I believed we arrived at the hospital when we came to a slow stop. The doors opened and I was taken out of the vehicle and taken inside, Olivia close behind.

"Lucy?" I heard Ms. McCall. "What happened?"

I heard Stiles. "Lucy."

"It's fine," I assured. "Scott... Where is he?"

"He's fine," Ms. McCall said.

"Theo... "

:::